TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Was looking to see if SF:DK's website got updated meal/snack locations on their website and found this on upcoming events.

"On Saturday and Sunday February 28 and March 1, we present Double Your Fun Weekend, where you can enjoy all the ride attractions at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom two times in a row for the first three hours of park operation. That means, when the park opens at 11 a.m., your rides DOUBLE until 2 p.m.! You won't want to miss out on the fun, double time!"

I doubt I'll go two weeks in a row, it's only for 3 hours and other people will be doing it too once they find out. So cycles will take twice as long. Would be good for Roar and Superman though.

Was looking to see if SF:DK's website got updated meal/snack locations on their website and found this on upcoming events.

"On Saturday and Sunday February 28 and March 1, we present Double Your Fun Weekend, where you can enjoy all the ride attractions at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom two times in a row for the first three hours of park operation. That means, when the park opens at 11 a.m., your rides DOUBLE until 2 p.m.! You won't want to miss out on the fun, double time!"

I doubt I'll go two weeks in a row, it's only for 3 hours and other people will be doing it too once they find out. So cycles will take twice as long. Would be good for Roar and Superman though.

Yeah, I saw that as well. I have no intentions of going, as I simply foresee longer waits. However, I'll definitely be there this Sunday. You as well?

Unless the park is much more crowded than the usual offseason weekend, I don't think waits would be suffer too much. Theoretically, this would increase capacity as they onto have to load/unload every other cycle. The number of people that ride the coasters will decrease slightly, but I don't think it would be cut in half.

Yeah, I saw that as well. I have no intentions of going, as I simply foresee longer waits. However, I'll definitely be there this Sunday. You as well?

Yeah, i'm going Sunday unless anything major happens that prevents me from going.

Unless the park is much more crowded than the usual offseason weekend, I don't think waits would be suffer too much. Theoretically, this would increase capacity as they onto have to load/unload every other cycle. The number of people that ride the coasters will decrease slightly, but I don't think it would be cut in half.

If next weekend 28th-1st sees "normal" levels of riders and half of those people stay on for two rides in a row. To me that just seems like capacity per hour will likely be lower. I don't mind them doing this at all though and I think it's a cool idea just not one i'm to keen on going for with how far I live away from the park.

Yeah, i'm going Sunday unless anything major happens that prevents me from going.

Sent you a PM.

Sent you a PM.

If you did I didn't get it, my newest PM in the inbox was from like 2012/2013.

Sent another. If you want to meet up, look for a TPR shirt.

I'll be wearing a beat-up/faded Oakland A's shirt and I suppose hat as well then.

::update:: I didn't go today at all for petty reasoning's and in general just being a asshole. Wii I go next weekend like I was going to for valentines day and today? I have no idea.

Went for a visit yesterday (2/22). It was surprisingly busy. I stayed for about an hour before my allergy to long lines forced me to leave. Roar was still 2 train operation, while Medusa still appeared to be 1 train operation. V2's train was in pieces in the station, undergoing rehab. Despite rumors to the contrary, Superman still has its usual lap bars, no OTSRs.

Medusa at 1 train is unacceptable. The ride has 3 trains so 2 should be the minimum while the 3rd is used to cycle trains for rehab.

The third train (Not train #3, just the third one at any given time) is perpetually in pieces, so if one of the other two has unscheduled maintenance, this is what happens.

Fair enough.

In the park's defense, I think 3 trains on floorless coasters is not necessarily needed. Is it nice? Yes! But an efficient crew with 2 trains is OK. Key word: Efficient. 1 train on a floorless is dreadful.

Fair enough.

In the park's defense, I think 3 trains on floorless coasters is not necessarily needed. Is it nice? Yes! But an efficient crew with 2 trains is OK. Key word: Efficient. 1 train on a floorless is dreadful.

I've see them stack two trains on medusa at the station a lot, though like 95% of time even with that having 2 of them running means really short lines or no waiting longer then 20-30 mins.