TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Supreme Scream Story

Nemmy

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ Ding Ding Ding!

Once again the Europeans have shown up us stupid Americans!

It was a ride where the air tanks don't charge right and as you get to the top it just drops all of a sudden! It's really scary if you've been on Turbo Drops before cause that's NOT what normally happens. You drop right to the bottom, no bounces or anything. Really creepy.

I hardly think this says anything about European vs American intelligence, it just proves how bored I am that I could be bothered to go to the search function which nobody else could! Can't sleep tonight so have a lot of free time on my hands, that's all! *bows modestly*

I hardly think this says anything about European vs American intelligence, it just proves how bored I am that I could be bothered to go to the search function which nobody else could! Can't sleep tonight so have a lot of free time on my hands, that's all! *bows modestly*

your right, asIAnS Are TEh SMRTEsT! <<

and, come to think of it, i think i have seen this happen before, but i didnt think much of it, i was probably distracted by the cups of yellow liquid that always show up in SS's line, is it defrosted frozen lemonade... or did someone not want to leave the line to do some 'buisness'? those cups ALWAYS bother me.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess it's cuz I've worked the ride before, so something like that wouldn't really scare me. Leave me confused, maybe, but not scare me.

But yeah, "slipping" does happen enough times to call it "routine." Part of the problem is that Supreme Scream has three towers but two tanks. They never have bothered to get the third one back online. So if you send all three up too closer to each other a few times, you're bound to have that happen.

And sometimes, the tanks just plain fail to build enough pressure.

It's "normal" and nothing serious. Just a glitch that happens once in a while. We'd usually send riders up again, and if it slipped a second time, shuffle them to another tower and then call maintanence to clear the tower.

S&S towers are ridiculously safe. So many safety backups... it's practically impossible for them to incur mechanical failure that results in rider injury and stuff.

[/sS spiel over]

• 11 months later...

this happened to me, not there though.

if you have ridden Detonator (TP),then you know you get a 25/30mph shunt downwards. when we went on it, we heard a massive 'klunk' that sounded like something went wrong, the Ride Ateendant screamed down the mic saying 'youre gonna die!!!!' (i think it was because it was halloween not sure though) then we heard the air being let out manually below, started panicking and were then, without warning, bossted down around 40/45mph (they had a speed camera or something pointing at the top, and it caught us doing 45mph).

we had done the ride half an hour before hand, with the after effects still occurring, but this was beyond scary. we were told at the bottom that if it were going any faster, we would've died due to the brakes not being to secure, which was what the kerchunk was. the Ride Attendant had panicked when the brakes made that noise, screamed into the mic for help, but he/she didnt hit the emergency stop button, which would've lowered us down at about 10mph.

scary

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for reminding me about that day when that happened to me on Supreme Scream. It's such a weird feeling falling and not realizing that you're actually freefalling on the ride. I guess the Alvey's survived it and can proudly add my name next to them!

!!!!!VIVA DROP TOWERS!!!!!