TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Stand-Up Waterslides

Looks awesome to me, but I can't see this being feasible. Wouldn't the risk of someone slipping and hurting themselves be too high? And wouldn't that make it expensive for water parks to insure?

Maybe in the U.S. But they're pretty lenient on lots of slide concepts in many parts in Europe! There's crazier stuff out there that exist.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How is the liability handled for a flowrider? Do they make you sign a waiver or sit through a quick briefing or anything?

Most of the water parks I have been to that have a Flowrider only make you sign a waiver if you're going to stand up and try to "surf."

...broken many peoples necks in a coffin.
...locked in what is essentially a coffin, being half submerged in water, and having no way to help yourself if you start to drown

Broken necks ... really? Half-submerged?

Calling a device that has never carried, nor is likely to carry, a dead body a "coffin" is preposterously charged language. The alarmism would best stay contained to the sensationalist "news" organizations.

I can't even imagine a drowning scenerio without a highly improbable coincidence of freak issues, a force to which all thrill attractions are subject. Have you ever even designed an ISO13489-compliant control system, or have any idea of the risk analysis needed to do so?

Stand up coasters were a gimmick that died out in the 90's. Why bring back such a gimmicky and ill-fated ride design?

I see this as a cheap sales tactic.

Or you could see it the way I see it and think out of the box a little. Use these as a short transportation slide to other areas so people don't have to walk on concrete as much

Stand up coasters were a gimmick that died out in the 90's. Why bring back such a gimmicky and ill-fated ride design?

I see this as a cheap sales tactic.

Or you could see it the way I see it and think out of the box a little. Use these as a short transportation slide to other areas so people don't have to walk on concrete as much

Then why not just do it Schlitterbahn style??

I just personally do not see the standup waterslide as something that is needed. Personally when I go to a water park I want to sit in a tube, or lay on the slide to enjoy the attraction... Standing up on a water slide just has no appeal to me.