TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR Connyland 2015

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes fun but it rattels sideways on the straight track! In the front row you don't really notice that, but if you sit a few rows back you see it very well and feel it! It isn't painful, but it rattels.

I don't know who modified the track.

And now a question for you:

What do you think this ride cost to build?

PS: Google or any similar sites to search are not allowed!

Thanks for sharing. I've always been intrigued by Connyland and their weird shuttle coaster (and why Switzerland, home of B&M and Intamin, don't really have much in the way of coasters!).

My guess on why that is is because Switzerland is very mountainous and therefore, does not have a lot of space to build theme parks. I would however like to see Intamin create a park like Mack did with Europa Park (they have the ride catalog to do it).

^ Switzerland has many mountains, but not that many that it is impossible to build a big theme park! Below I attached an image of Google Earth where I drawed red and green where you can't and can build theme parks!

I would also celebrate it if Intamin made it's own theme park like Mack with the Europapark!

image.thumb.jpg.aa5918a11cf73f5406a95fb06c7ed46f.jpg

There is still space in the green part for a big theme park!

I don't think the mountainous terrain is a handicap when it comes to building a park, either. The main question is whether the market can support a park.

Edited by cfc

For Switzerland Zürich is huge, but in your eyes more medium! It has about 400'000 people who live there. Another problem is the money, because Switzerland is very expensive! Not only the Tickets that not that many want to come, also the land is expensive, especially near Zürich, workers are VERY expensive here in Switzerland! But if enough visitors come per year, it can be efficient. But why is no one building a theme park in Switzerland?!?! If I had enough money, I would build one!

^okay, Germany is closer to us than to you, but there is only one big and good park that is worth for a one-day trip. It is Europapark. From my home it takes 2h 30min to go there by car. The next bigger park is Holiday Park, but a 4h drive there, it doesn't really worth it for one day! I know that we can also book hotels, but it is way more expensive! I know for most of the parks we have to stay longer than a day, for example northern Germany, UK, USA,.., but we want also a good theme park nearby, a home park where you are often! And can you consider a theme park which is 2h 30min away as a Home Park?

• 5 months later...

I'll be going to Connyland in one or two weeks again. Now the question, is there anything special I shall take pictures of? Or a ride you want to see a POV of a ride I hadn't filmed yet? (Water battle, interactive Dark Ride, scooter, mini cable car, park railway,...)

I'll be probably doing another POV of the Log Flume, but a special version of it!

I'll be going to Connyland in one or two weeks again. Now the question, is there anything special I shall take pictures of?

I would like to see pictures of some of the other rides to add to TPR's Park Index

Jungle Adventure course

VooDoo Island (even if it is closed)

Auto Scooter

Dino Attack

The GiantSlide

I would like to see pictures of some of the other rides to add to TPR's Park Index

Jungle Adventure course

VooDoo Island (even if it is closed)

Auto Scooter

Dino Attack

The GiantSlide

Good, I'll take some pictures of these rides.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been there on Last Thursday with my best friend, which was his first time there. The weather was cold and early in the morning it was raining, but when we were there, it wasn't raining. Sadly Cobra wasn't running due the tracks were wet all day long! They said that the coaster would slide over the track, where the danger of getting stuck is too big! but if you think, there are a lot of other coasters that are able to run in the heaviest rain!

But there were also good sides of the day: no lines!!!

We even went on the Log Flume, but not just to ride it, more because of that we were doing in it!

Here it is, the Log Flume Song!

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

And now to the Pictures, I only made photos of the rides you requested, here they are:

image.thumb.jpeg.9fddad10985c8c73f3e1eec4304a2d73.jpeg

last but not least, Voodoo Island. A splash battle with a drop!

image.thumb.jpeg.60711e260afa308d3696cc327268422e.jpeg

Dino Attack, an interactive darkride

image.thumb.jpeg.b10ca59270c06dfda32fecd06277e25a.jpeg

...and rope course

image.thumb.jpeg.0f3800246953909f51a22d5ac3147e0d.jpeg

Bumper cars

image.thumb.jpeg.f59d3a709edf390390640ce8f7c43ff7.jpeg

Giant slide

image.thumb.jpeg.5807387dc6fb75b7240379761c2eb3cc.jpeg

Jungle Adventure, an indoor playground...