TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Spell Checker on Google Toolbar!

Hey everyone!

I want to take a moment to remind the forum how important good spelling and grammar are when it comes to posting on these boards.

Keep in mind we are NOT "spelling Nazi's" because we know everyone makes mistakes.

BUT, running your post through a spell checker before hitting 'submit' will help catch a good amount of mistakes. I'm just as guilty as the next person when it comes to typo's, but I DO spell check every post, and it catches 80% to 90% of my mistakes.

A while ago Google released a spell checker as part of their toolbar:

http://toolbar.google.com/

It works GREAT! It's quick, and easy to use. I highly recommend it if you are one who types faster than your brain can spell (like me!)

Thanks again to everyone for making this forum great!

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Macintosh people don't need a toolbar (although, it is available!). All you have to do, in any program, is click on "Edit" in the toolbar, and then "Spelling". It even has different languages, and dialects. Of course, I never use it, although I probably need to.

Oh, and I just spell-checked this post, and found no errors.

Ideally we should know how to spell in the first place.

Exactly.

See Robb, if you would have paid more attention in school and less attention to those construction photos of the Coney Island Cyclone we wouldn't have this problem.

~Allison "not calling him old" Y2K~

Wait a minute! You all are telling me that these computer thingys will check our spelling. Next thing you know they'll be doing math for us as well.

Wow! Technology.

Guy "still has 12:00 blinking on his VCR" Koepp

And why does everyone else have a grey dot next to their name and I have a green one. The star bellied sneeches had stars upon thars.

Guy "feeling left out" Koepp

^ I THINK... Maybe... People who are currently online have a green dot, those who aren't have a grey one. Is this right? Can't be bothered going back to the main screen to check my theory.

Macintosh people don't need a toolbar (although, it is available!). All you have to do, in any program, is click on "Edit" in the toolbar, and then "Spelling". It even has different languages, and dialects. Of course, I never use it, although I probably need to.

I use a Mac but I don't have this... :?

I use a Mac but I don't have this... :?

Hmm... weird. It's always been there for me...

Ok well Robb, you have a green dot on my screen right now, but Guy's is grey, and according to the main screen you're online and he's not so... I'm thinking my guess was correct? Whoo, gold star for me!

Louise "I feel special now!" R.