TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Acres of Adventure

Well, I really wanted to start a new park last night so I went for it. My inspiration is an Average Six Flags park. Some clones, some good flats, etc. I just started but here are some pics...

The entrance plaza and entrance with 6, count em 6, flags!

A service road has been extended from the parking lot and it looks like a truck has arrived with the first track pieces of a mystery coaster. For the official announcement, check back at 7:00 eastern time.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the beginning of the 2006 season, Six Flags Acres of Adventure has announced plans for Mind Bender, an all new Vekoma Boomerang coaster model. The park had set things up with Vekoma early last year, but the project was finall given the ok just a month ago. Track is now arriving on trucks and being assembled near the main midway. This is sure to be a great start for the brand new park.

Stats...

height-120 feet tall

speed-45 miles per hour

inversions-boomerang, vertical loop

builder/manufacturer-Vekoma

make/model-Boomerang

colors-aqua blue with white supports and orange trains

location in park-on main midway

Cool! Every park has to begin somewhere, right! And yours is no exception! Are you really gonna wait till 2006? Or is it more like: "Coming in 0003"? 0003 being of course Year 3.

*EDIT*: I looked again, what the hell was I talking about with a bump!?!

Edited by coasterfreak101

After a few months of construction, Mind Bender has been opened to the public. Being a clone, there was no media day. Anyway, here is a pic of some of the first riders stuck on the lift in a typical opening day break-down.

The train is stuck with riders hanging against their restraints

New Rumor

On the new park maps being released, there seems to be a hint of a new attraction to come. The only clue of this attraction was this..."Every Hero has a Beginning." What this means has not yet been determined, but rumors seem to be pointing towards a coaster, possibly a B&M flyer or invert. However, this information came from park employees. Some guests have reported seeing markers, which provides some backup to the rumor that this mystery ride is infact a coaster.

^LOL . That would make a good flyer though! I'm looking at either

A) A B&M Flyer themed to Superman (CLONE!!!)

B) A B&M Inverted themed to Batman (it is Six Flags!)

C) An INTAMIN Hyper themed to Superman (still Six Flags!)

That's what I'm thinking, guess we just have to wait until track arrives !!!

There were rumors that construction on the new "coaster" had already begun. Since the park kept everything totally hidden from the public, an unknown photographer managed to get shots of the construction zone from a helicopter. Unfortunately, soon after the park learned of the release of these pictures on various coaster sites, the area around the park was officialy declared a no fly zone. Apparently this is one project Six Flags wants to keep a secret untill the official ride anouncement, which is said to be at 8:00 eastern time tonight. Here are two pics the unknown photographer managed to get...

A bizarre looking crane lifts track pieces. From these pictures, it is obvious that the new coaster will be a B&M with inverted track.

Here is another picture of the crane