TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Robb Question...

Edwardo

Ugh, I had an "old" moment yesterday...

I was trying to explain to my co-workers kids how to play Super Monkey Ball for the Gamecube...I say, "Have you ever played Marble Madness?" I get, <>

I then realized that that was an 80's game and these kids weren't even a thought then!

Grrr!!!

Elissa "almost another year older!" Alvey

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same thing happen to me, except it was when I saw "Anchorman" in the theater. During the closing credits, they show a blooper clip from "Smokey And The Bandit II". This 15 yr old kid behind me said "Whats the hells this". I said, "Havent you seen smokey and the bandit??" The kid replies, "Whats Smokey And The Bandit?". From that day forward, ive felt OLD!!!

I think Marble Madness was the first game I played that made me lean with the controller when I would play the game . That game was hard, especially using the square Nes controller, I would always end up getting right to the finish line and fall off, only to hear the Marble make it's little scream lol.

Good choice with Katamari. Right now that is all I play for PS2. Also, because I am to cheap to mod my PS2, I am stuck with playing Taiko Drum Master, which has mostly horrible covers to horrible American songs.

As for DDR 4th mix, I still think 3rd Mix > 4th Mix. Also, I find Ultramix 2 for XBOX to be the best DDR release in a long time.

What does it mean to MOD YOUR PS2? and how do you do this!!!

Ed

"modding" your PS2 or XBOX means placing a mod chip in it so you can play import games.

On the XBOX, for example, a MOD chip will allow you to do a LOT of things since the XBOX is basically just a PC with a controller.

On my XBOX, I have MameOX which allows me to play about 2,000 classic arcade games, StepmaniaX where I can play all the original DDR arcade game songs, and tons of old console emulators like NES, Sega Genesis, etc.

--Robb

SNES: Mario Kart, Super Mario World, F-Zero, Pilotwings

--Robb "I'm more of a classic gaming kind of guy!" Alvey

Haha!! ALL of the games I owned for SNES that I loved as well. Man, all of those are SO classic. Pilotwings is still one of the most original games out there.

I simply loved acing stuff to get hte guys to freak out. And especially getting in the copter to blow some stuff up.

I just never understood how skydiving, plane flying, rocket packs and hanggliding qualified you to take on a helicopter for a military mission.

Man, brings back some CLASSIC memories. That and FZero as well...dang freakin Fire Field...