TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Robb Question...

Edwardo

Robb, what is your fav. video game (since you are in the industry...imagine my suprise to read an interview with Robb Alvey that doesn't mention coasters )?

I have to say, Tetris, Mario 64, RCT 2(of course), and some Mortal Kombat and GTA games are at the top of my list. How bout you? And does Elissa Game as well (are either of you 'gamers' for that matter?)?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ That's a really good question. I don't know if I actually have a 'favorite' game...just like it's hard for me to say I have a 'favorite' coaster.

I can probably give you a list of my favorite games per genre or system.

Classic Arcade (MAME): Mappy, BurgerTime, Donkey Kong, Tac/Scan, Qix, Time Pilot, Kickman, Q*Bert, Robotron, Mr. Do!, Tapper, Space Duel, Trog, Super Street Fighter II Turbo.

NES: All the Super Mario games, Castlevania, Vs. Tennis, Balloon Fight, Ice Climber

Sega Genesis: Aladdin (ok, I'm biased because I worked on this game!), Dr. Robotnick's Mean Bean Machine, Sonic 1, Silpheed, Gunstar Heroes, Rocket Night Adventures

SNES: Mario Kart, Super Mario World, F-Zero, Pilotwings

PC Engine (Turbo Grafx-16): Military Madness, Galaga '88, R-Type

PS1 - DDR 4th Mix

PS2 - Katamari Damacy, Taiko No Tatusijin

GameCube: Mario Party

XBOX: MameOX, Stepmania-X

PC: Roller Coaster Tycoon (all of them), Call of Duty (for obvious reasons!)

I'm sure there are a LOT more....

--Robb "I'm more of a classic gaming kind of guy!" Alvey

Soul Calibur was a sight to behold when it came out, it blew me away, and still doesn't look bad

I bought those systems as well, but went with the dreamcast because I was young and had money, but it is the system I have played more than any other, but the Xbox is catching up quickily

I never did get into Sega. I had just about every Nintendo system, which, for some reason, stopped with the Cube, just havent' gotten around to it yet. I may get a DS, but I'll probably wait for their next gen system.

I have a PS2 now, that I hardly play. I just borrowed Vice City and am enjoying that as much as I loved GTA3, but I like classics myself.

Of course, I played my N64 nite and day with Mario 64 and Zelda and Golden Eye...

^^^, the joys of getting older

I used to play all the time, now my ps2 sits near the TV dissconnected, waiting for me to get around to picking up Gran Tourismo 4, and San Andres.

The Xbox is connected, but is used more for a DVD player than a video game player, my 5-year old is really the only one who plays many games on it.

I still play games, put in some good time with NFL 2K5, and will get a baseball game, but my hardcore days are very much so done

Katamari Damacy is a game where you roll around a little sticky ball and pick up everything that you can starting with thumbtacks and matchsticks and eventually working your way up to ferris wheels, baseball stadiums and skyscrapers. I know it sounds kinda odd and maybe even boring to those who haven't tried it, but once you give it a try you'll forever be addicted to it. It's a game that people of all ages will like. I'm 41, my wife is 36, and my daughters are 16 and 12 and we're all addicted to it. It's also got an excellent and diverse soundtrack.

As for Taiko No Tatusijin, I've never played it, but I think I remember from one of Robb's posts that it's the Japanese version of Taiko Drummaster. It's a rhythm game that's played with a special drum controller and drumsticks that come packaged with the game. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about this one Robb.

Brian, Goldeneye=Best 1st person Shooter. Ever(sorry robb ).

I agree, my friends and I had more fun with James Bond for N46 than any first person shooter ever, we would play against each other, and it was a total blast

Have to disagree with you... best first person shooter for me: Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. Can't say I am a fan of Call of Duty as I find the weapon mechanics too hard to master.

Must admit I am becoming a fan of Counter Strike Source.

Good choice with Katamari. Right now that is all I play for PS2. Also, because I am to cheap to mod my PS2, I am stuck with playing Taiko Drum Master, which has mostly horrible covers to horrible American songs.

As for DDR 4th mix, I still think 3rd Mix > 4th Mix. Also, I find Ultramix 2 for XBOX to be the best DDR release in a long time.

Burgertime best game ever. (I like to consider the things that case you around are acers going for food)

Matt - I payed 85 bucks for an atari system on ebay and it is way better then all the other systems I have (Ps2, Gamecube, Ps1, dreamcast, N64, SNeS, NES, Sega saturn, Sega Genisus) atari 5600 beats them all. Nothing better then burger time and Missle Command along with countless other classics.

I used to have an Atari 5200 a long time ago and it was a lot of fun. The joysticks had problems, though (or so I've heard).

Does anyone have a N-Gage? Are the games any fun? I'll probably get one if I can find one dirt cheap on eBay (or when they're discontinued).

I love the old skool arcade EMUs. I downloaded "Tapper" and "Burgertime" the other day and have been playing the heck out of them. I think one of the reasons alot of people like these EMUs was that the games back then were simple to learn and you could play them for hours and hours. Todays games, while innovative and graphically superior, just dont hold a candle to what was made 20-25 years ago. These games were plain fun. But, I understand without the Pac-Man and Joust era, we wouldnt have the XBOX and PC games industry now. I hope the current crop of game designers,producers and the like will tap into whats fun and provide us with more fun than just the 10-20 hrs the typical game does these day.

besides Contra for NES, HALO 2 is the best video game ever made. Down here at the WKU me and my teamates play in the dorm ever night over the network. We got 4 X-Box's on 1 floor put bout 3 people on a box, open the doors, talk shit down the hall and do some killin!!!!! so much fun

Time Pilot is an extremely great game, I was going to buy an Arcade Classics collection that had it on Ps1 but I couldn't see myself being able to play it without a joy stick . I can't believe no one has listed Metal Gear Solid, the entire series (even MG Raiden lol) are by far my favorite video games. I wasn't aware you worked on Lion King Robb, that game had some really impressive graphics in it for Snes and it was the first game I played that had a talking charecter (Timone at the begining). I agree that it is too hard to list just one favorite so I will list some of mine.

Nes: Excite Bike, Duck Hunt, Snow Bros, Pinball, All the Super Mario Brothers and Dig Dug

Snes: Super Mario World, Killer Instinct, Kirby's Superstar and F-Zero

N64: Super Mario 64, Golden Eye, F-Zero X, Perfect Dark, No Mercy and Mario Kart 64

Ps1: Metal Gear Solid, Buster Bros Collection, Namco Museam Vol. 1&3 and

Tekken 2&3

Ps2: Metal Gear Solid 2&3, Medal Of Honor : Frontline, Manhunt, Bloodrayne 1&2, Soul Calibur 2, Ratchet And Clank and Time Crisis 2&3