TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Intense Waterslide Type???

Well, with all the waterslide designers showing off all their crazy stuff at IAAPADATE, I thought I'd start this thread.

Tornado, Speed slide, Skybox drop slide, Water coaster or something else?

I'd have to go with the trap door slides myself... That pure freed all feeling during the initial drop, plus the crazyount of Gs you hit while pulling out of the descent is crazy! Also find the multi-drop speed slides give great airtime.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never done a trapdoor, so I can't weigh in on them. For the most part I find waterslides to be fun, never scary or intense (except for Twin Peaks at Caneva).

The most uncomfortable I've been was Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach, though. It's high, sure, but I didn't find it scary. What sucked about it was the beating my back took at the end of the drop. You're going way too fast for a body slide on that thing and it slaps you around like you owe it money. I rode it once and will most likely never ride it again. It gave me bruises.

Edit - I would rather ride Goudurix repeatedly before going on Summit Plummet again.

Well, I found Summit Plummet scary and smooth, so I'm surprised you had a rough ride! (and I can't satnd Goudurix by the way)

Summit is maybe not the most intense slide ever, but the anticipation is very high. Higher than any coaster I've been on. Because you have to crawl to the edge on yourself, and my, that's scary.

The waterslide next to it has some serious airtime, with its three bumps.

The waterslide next to it has some serious airtime, with its three bumps.

SLUSH GUSHER! YES!!!! My butthole clenched rather tightly on that thing. I swear I had a good 3 seconds of off-the-slide airtime!

Most intense slide I've done was Dragon's Tail at White Water Atlanta, where you gain enough airtime to literally catapult off of the slide on the last two humps.

I don't think trap door slides (well, WhiteWater's versions at least) are all that intense or scary, they just give people a quicker start down the slide. I'm interested to see ProSlide's take on tall trap door slides when they open the tallest body slide in America next year. If the experience is anything like Summit Plummet, it's probably not gonna get too good of a rep by locals.

Summit Plummet is my favorite body slide. I got a really good freefall sensation on that slide and the height was really thrilling. I've been on one trap door slide (Great Escape's Cliff Hanger) and found the slide a very and scary experience. While I didn't get a true freefall sensation in my stomach, the anticipation before the drop made up for it in my opinion.

Just imagine if they made one of those trap door slides and added them to one of those hump speed slides like Slush Gusher!

Most intense slide I've done was Dragon's Tail at White Water Atlanta, where you gain enough airtime to literally catapult off of the slide on the last two humps.

I don't think trap door slides (well, WhiteWater's versions at least) are all that intense or scary, they just give people a quicker start down the slide. I'm interested to see ProSlide's take on tall trap door slides when they open the tallest body slide in America next year. If the experience is anything like Summit Plummet, it's probably not gonna get too good of a rep by locals.

Weird... I seem to be the only one who findss the trap door slides more intense than the others. Also, where is this huge proslide installation that your talking about going?

I really dislike enclosed "dark" slides where there is no light whatsoever, just freaks me out for some reason. Most intense... just get a raft full of fat people on a family slide and you can get some VERY high banking happening on the bends!