TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3] Colorado Canyon

November 15th 1978:

Welcome to Colorado Canyon. The park is located twenty miles north of Denver and will feature world class amusement park rides. I got a pass to visit so I decided to see how the park was doing.

Shot0744.bmp

Through the gates.

Shot0745.bmp

The entrance building.

Shot0746.bmp

The midway has restaurants and shops.

Shot0747.bmp

The other side.

Shot0748.bmp

One of the two rides up right now, the Chairswings.

Shot0749.bmp

The other ride, the Ferris Wheel.

Shot0750.bmp

The quene lines are heavily wooded.

Shot0751.bmp

I noticed track for a roller coaster.

Shot0752.bmp

Even though there is a lot of bushes, I still can see the track.

Shot0754.bmp

See you next time, Colorado Canyon.

Edited by A.J.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

December 29th 1978:

Welcome back! The park has stopped working on the midway and is now working on a unnamed project.

Shot0756.bmp

More people came than last time.

Shot0757.bmp

Inside the restaurant.

Shot0758.bmp

The chairswings look great.

Shot0759.bmp

The ferris wheel was testing.

Shot0755.bmp

Do you see the unnamed project?

Shot0761.bmp

Wow, a new roller coaster.

Shot0762.bmp

The finished rides.

Edited by goldiehound

You used the same picture twice. Don't do that. Show some new pictures. Also, don't show pictures of a park that is under construction, OPENED! If you're going for realism, name one real life park that allows guests into the park while they are building rides.

The critiques I have already have been mentioned, but one thing to remember its quality over quantity.

^ silver dollar city has gone vertical with a new wooden coaster that they haven't even announced yet.

^But this park only has two attractions operating.

Daily updates are NEVER a good idea. It shows that you are once again trying to rush the park for an update. No one really wants to see a park with limited progress. You should take time to improve your work instead of wasting time to work on a park that shows stuff that we already know.

Here's a question, why? Why rush the park? Why not try to show the best work that you could possibly do? Why post an update everyday? It's not like we're dying to see the same stuff that we've already seen. Why not post an update when there's new rides or when there's significant progress? You're cheating us and you're cheating yourself.

Not trying to be mean just trying to be real.

Also, now that I think about it, why is the park names Colorado Canyon? I don't see anything indicating it's in Colorado or in a canyon.

(Mods, if that was too harsh, please feel free to change it.)

Aesthetically your park is lacking...it feels empty. No atmosphere...just...meh. As said before it just doesn't feel right. Open up any park on these forums and they usually ooze life and amtosphere...this just doesn't...

Try adding more color and detail to your buildings. Make them different heights and styles. Incorporate more colors and emphasize your attractions.

- You should start theming your rides/attractions. Most of them just sit there in lots. It doesn't look as good.

- Your paths are too blocky. Most parks don't really follow a grid-like pattern with their pathways. Yours shouldn't either.

- Building styles are alright, but could use work. Look at actual buildings for inspiration.

- Add some diversity to your landscaping. Flowers, fountains, and statues placed in the right position really add atmosphere to your parks.

- Change the elevations too. Colorado isn't the flattest place in the world. Add hills to reflect the state's landscaping.

- Please slow down and work on one park at a time. Too many projects will bog you down and rushing updates is never a good thing. Take it slow and use real parks as inspiration.

Sorry for the lack of updates, I was on vacation. I don't have custom scenery so I don't know how to make my paths not blocky.

What should the name of the Arrow Looper be? Should I put a pond under the Arrow Looper's drop and loop, corkscrews, or none at all.

March 8th, 1979:

The park is doing great, I can't wait for opening day next year.

Shot0765.bmp

A new fountain was put in before the entrance building.

Shot0766.bmp

The information desk.

Shot0767.bmp

A huge hill.

Shot0768.bmp

The path is expanding.

Shot0769.bmp

The Arrow Looper is done.

Shot0770.bmp

Double Corkscrew.

Shot0771.bmp

A twisted ending.

Shot0772.bmp

The blue train.

Shot0773.bmp

The yellow train.

Shot0774.bmp

An overview.

Shot0775.bmp

See you next time.

Edited by QueerRudie

I'll admit: I'm not the best at RCT 3- and have only played with it to test theories and such, but I have to say this:

All I'm seeing is the same repetitive concepts you have shown in your other parks.

While it's great to put up a coaster or two, and build rudimentary buildings, even I tend to think that some scenery dresses the stages well, and that diversity of visuals makes for a great park. In this case, the same issues with your other parks are appearing and in quantity.

You don't have to make something that is so over the top that it is a work of art- I don't. Never have, never will. It IS called RollerCoasterTycoon after all. But some elemental changes need to be made. A flat, bland park with little decoration that looks exactly like the other flat, bland parks with little decoration is tiresome- and in the end isn't worth the time to post.

R.D.

^I would appreciate that myself, SoCal. I have been trying to get back into RCT3 and make some small little things like I am doing with RCT2.

And for goldiehound, I like the Arrow. However, it feels out of place. It may just need a bit of scenery, but I like the design!

^Couldn't have said it better...would you consider stickying a basic RCT3 tutorial for park/attraction building? I've been temped lately to make one and see if it would have any impact on the quality of the threads.

If you're doing that SoCal, I'd love to help out. I fancy myself as pretty good at RCT3, and would love to help anyone who's trying to break in to RCT3's more..."difficult" style.

Also, I'll echo the other statements in this thread about your park Goldiehound. What's been shown so far is mildly more interesting than your previous parks, but there's still not much to it, and your updates, though frequent, seem to preogress at a snail's pace. Try to update us only when something interesting or exciting is created for (or happens to) the park.

I changed the supports on the drop on the Arrow Looper. Like it?

April 7th 1979:

Welcome back to Colorado Canyon!

Shot0783.bmp

The Arrow Looper is testing, and a new blue train showed up.

Shot0784.bmp

The Tilt-A-Whirl is new.

Shot0786.bmp

Look at that log flume.

Shot0787.bmp

The path is expanding.

Shot0789.bmp

Is that coaster track?

Shot0790.bmp

Break run!

Much much better. Honestly, I really like the Arrow looper now and I also like the log flume. Also, does the log flume just go up the lift, make a turn, then drop? If so, it'd make sense for a Shoot-the-Chutes (In game Giant Flume or Splash Boats). Other than that, good job so far!

Much much better. Honestly, I really like the Arrow looper now and I also like the log flume. Also, does the log flume just go up the lift, make a turn, then drop? If so, it'd make sense for a Shoot-the-Chutes (In game Giant Flume or Splash Boats). Other than that, good job so far!

The log flume has way more.