TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

European Trip Park List

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My personal favorite in Europe is Europa Park.

Honorable mentions to:

Alton Towers

Heide

Liseberg

Grona Lund

Mirabilandia

Hansa

Basically Europe (if you include the UK and Scandinavia) has a ton of amazing awesome parks, and even some parks that might not be amazing but have amazing rides!

Europa is the best park in Europe. It delivers on every possible level: rides, food, theming, landscaping, great operations, first class on property hotels, etc.

However, if I were given the choice of spending a day at a single park in Europe it would probably be Liseberg.

Grona Lund, Blackpool, and Mirabilandia are also favorites of mine.

I'm doing Europa and Disney in July, plus the two big Alpine coasters. Been to both parks before, but it's been a lot of years.

At Disney, DO NOT MISS Big Thunder Mtn RR. Easily the best version and way more fun than it ought to be.

Space Mountain was supposed to be getting a big makeover or something. Dunno much more, but I hope it's improved over the head banging craptastic thing it was back in 2005.

Europa is, as everyone else has said, a must-do. The surprise hit for me was EuroSat, although the other attractions are really good as well.

If you get to Heide Park, check out the wicked little bobsled there. Holy crap.

Well i prefer Port Aventura over Heide Park. PA has better rides(according to me), better theming, and better shows

Overall: Port Aventura is the better park. And when it's up to me, Port Aventura is Europe's third best themepark! Right after Europa Park and Disneyland Paris!

Quick post - I'm "in the field" now as they say, and had a logistical question -

Basically this weekend I'm debating between trying to hit Europa Park (I'm going to be in the Munich area at the end of the week for work) or a couple of the Paris area parks (since I have to start my work week there on Tuesday).

My major concern is with the upcoming holiday weekend, every hotel at Europa Park is fully booked... as are all the Disney hotels. I'm sure there are alternatives around, but is it fair to say the parks will all be slammed and jam-packed and unenjoyable?

I haven't heard about Q-bots or other such line-skipping technologies at Europa or Parc Asterix, so am somewhat concerned.

The biggest thing is that I may be visiting both areas again in a couple months during non-holiday weekends.

Thoughts? Especially advice from the locals/regulars would be highly appreciated!

For Europa-Park you can also take a hotel in nearby city Freiburg.

From Freiburg there's a good connection by regional train and bus - both operated by german rail DB. The bus drops you directly at park gate and runs every 30 mins between train-station - Rust - and park. Even after park closure the bus operates several hours at 60 mins intervals to service the on-site hotels - so you can even have a nice dinner after visiting the park.

Cool. How would you say pa compares to Europa Park then? Pa seems to have more thrill rides & be bigger too but I hear Europa Parks good alot.

Europa Park is just TOP-notch! The rides are a little less thrill, but are still great fun! And operations are also great. Proberly up there with Disney in therms in capacity wise...

Still PA is a great park, but it's operations are just terrible. And you just need to beat the Spanish or join them line jumping!

My major concern is with the upcoming holiday weekend, every hotel at Europa Park is fully booked... as are all the Disney hotels. I'm sure there are alternatives around, but is it fair to say the parks will all be slammed and jam-packed and unenjoyable?

Well i'm going this Saterday too!

in Europa you don't have to worry about long lines. Lines are almost always moving, it's still the best operating park that i know!

Thanks for all the encouragement about Europa Park! I will endeavour to visit there this weekend then!

Assuming I survive a crazy work week leading up to it, and then potentially the German Autobahn, if I end up with the week with a car loan.

I really appreciate the quick advice from the TPR community and will report back!

• 4 weeks later...

Thats what I thought too looking at the pictures but apparently Parque Warner is a lot cleaner. PA seems much larger than PArque Warner though. I'll probably visit both eventually but trying to decide which I should visit this year.