TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Top Amusement Park Eats!!!

Top amusement park eats - chicagotribune.com

I've actually eaten at quite a few of these places, and I have to totally agree with the ones they have listed (Knoebels, Club 33, Knott's, Mythos ... haven't done Les Chefs de France). That being said, I've been to Universal Studios Hollywood MANY times, and I've never even heard of the International Cafe'.

1) Holiday World & Splishin' Safari in Santa Claus, Indiana

For those seeking gluten-free and dairy-free items, this park is for you. It was granted the national Making a Difference award (given by The Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network) for its allergen-friendly menu in 2009.

2) Knoebel's Amusement Resort in Elysburg, Pa.

Family-owned and operated since 1926, Knoebels Amusement Resort has been a winner of Amusement Todays Golden Ticket Award for Best Food 13 times. From apple cider slushies to homemade caramel corn, Knoebels features a wide variety of treats.

3) Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs in Coney Island, N.Y.

These hot dogs have been a staple at Luna Park since 1916. Get a dog and choose your toppings from chili to sauerkraut to salsa and make sure to order the crinkle-cut French fries.

4) Club 33: Disneyland in Anaheim, California

The members-only location, tucked behind New Orleans Square, offers an a la carte menu and a five-course vintners amuse-bouche menu.

5) The International Café in Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal City, Calif.

This restaurant has been recognized for dishes like shaved roast beef with Brie cheese and roasted pears. It was the recipient of the 2010 Santé Award, which is based on a peer-judged restaurant competition.

6) Ms. Knott's Chicken Dinner at Knott's Berry Farm, Buena Park, California

A Southern California institution since 1934, this eatery brings the southern hospitality back to a good, old-fashioned sit-down meal.

7) Mythos at Universal Islands of Adventure, Orlando, Florida

The blueberry-and-pistachio-crusted grilled pork and their cedar-planked salmon are favorites at this park, which has garnered Theme Park Insider¿s winner of Best Theme Park Restaurant six years in a row.

8) Les Chefs de France at Disney World, Orlando, Florida

Beneath the Eiffel Tower in the France Pavilion at Epcot lies a highly-rated restaurant serving traditional French food. Alsace specialties always trump ordinary park eats, especially when they are finished off with a signature crème brûlée.

9) Kennywood in West Mifflin, Pennsylvania

This park's fresh-cut Potato Patch French fries have put them on the map for unforgettable and invigorating park eats, but there are many more options.

10) DelGrosso's Amusement Park in Tipton, Pennsylvania

High up in the Allegheny Mountains of Central Pennsylvania, this park's spaghetti Wednesdays are enough to draw a crowd, letting you choose from the homemade DelGrossos Italian-style meatballs or the special of the week.

TPR was also linked to the DelGrosso's picture.

Also notice there are no Six Flags parks listed.

Also, even with this list, I don't think you can really compare Club 33, Mythos or the EPCOT restaurants to "Amusement Park" food like Knoebels, etc.

It's all GOOD food, but the meal we had at Club 33 last year wasn't only the best "Theme Park" food I've ever had, but one of the best meals I've EVER had period.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all GOOD food, but the meal we had at Club 33 last year wasn't only the best "Theme Park" food I've ever had, but one of the best meals I've EVER had period.

Really? I thought the food was totally meh (the whole experience on the other hand! ) for how hyped it was.

^ Agreed. I've found Club 33 to be insanely over-hyped and over-priced. The only thing, IMO, it really offers is "bragging rights" if you care about that sort of thing. The food...it's on par with a "nice cruise ship" dinning room meal. Other than some people trying to make it out to be something special... It's nothing special. You can get a nicer meal and a better experience at Victoria & Alberts, which is open to anyone.

Edited by robbalvey

^ Agreed. I've found Club 33 to be insanely over-hyped and over-priced. The only thing, IMO, it really offers is "bragging rights" if you care about that sort of thing. The food...it's on par with a "nice cruise ship" dinning room meal. Other than some people trying to make it out to be something special... It's nothing special. You can get a nicer meal and a better experience at Victoria & Alberts, which is open to anyone.

I guess I just need to get out more.

But yeah, Club 33 is really a Bragging-Rights thing ... I don't think I'd ever want to be a member (I have like 4 friends that are anyway). I don't think it's anything anybody needs to do more than once, or for hard-core Disney fans once every couple of years. I know people who go every month. Meh, not for me.

Totally agree. When I was there, it came off to me like the food itself was a relatively low priority, with the real draw being, "Hey! You've made it inside Club 33!" It is really all about bragging rights, not so much else.