TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ever ridden this?

imbordisux

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a really great ride!

Probably one of the top 10 woodies in America. I also believe that it would rank higher if it wasn't within 1000 feet of Hades!

Seriously though, great ride, cool location, and we got AWESOME footage of it that will be on the DVD!

i agree with elissa; this is a top ten, if not top 5 coaster. it's so crazy! on first look, i thought it would bother me that it was only left turns, but it doesn't matter. it's so much fun. only thing that could make it better would be a tunnel, but it's great without.

If I ranked coasters, Avalanche would be #1 or very close to it. It has everything I like in woodies: tons of air and those awesome highly-banked turns! Avalanche kills Hades, IMO. The only coaster, in the Dells, that comes close to Avalanche is Cyclops (which could possibly also be a #1, both are so good!)

Hades is like going to a freakshow - it's amazing and mindblowing, yet feels incomplete and weird; but Avalanche is like going to Cirque du Soleil - everything is just perfect.

I don't even try to rank coasters anymore, it just makes me all confused.

-kip-

^ i agree, Hades kinda seems incomplete, although it is a very good ride.

I mean Avalanche is one of those coasters were you think it will suck, and then you are so shocked. IMO, i think people think it is such a good mainly because they think it isnt that great until they ride it! When i first saw it last year, i thought it would suck (mainly because of its trains) then it became one of my favorite coasters.

• 2 weeks later...