TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's New Park Index Now Open for BETA TESTING!

I haven't made it through the thread, so this may have already been covered. The TPR member review pane does not appear with a scroll bar on my iDevice. As a result, the second and all successive entries are cut off and inaccessible.

EDIT: Some of the text blocks such as the directions are one big run-on paragraph, which makes them tough to read. A few CRs would help.

Feature request (maybe already suggested): Tips for visiting the park. For example, for Magic Mt something along the lines of "At opening, break away from the herd and head to the back of the park for repeated rides on Deja Vu, Apocalypse, etc... X2 lines usually subside later in the day, so return then if you're in it for the long haul."

I hope TPR's members will include that kind of practical advice in their reviews.

EDIT 2: Oh yeah, this thing is awesome! Thanks for the hard work TPR overlords!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just posted a review of Nick Universe. This is an awesome resource! I spent a few hours reading the reviews and viewing a trip reports a couple weeks back. This is very useful--the best resource on the net!

This is a real review from someone on this site. This is a real bad review. Why? BECAUSE, IF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A PARK DON'T REVIEW IT!

We arrived at the park around 5pm only to find it closed.

There was a brief rainstorm that passed thru in the am, so they decided to close the park for the day. I was able to snap a few pictures, and get a small look into the park. Looks like a great little f.e.c type park.

From what I could see, it looked like they had a kiddie coaster, bumper cars, paratrooper, lots of kiddie rides, and I think they had a scrambler. There is a little ice cream stand in the parking lot.

Some of the text blocks such as the directions are one big run-on paragraph, which makes them tough to read. A few CRs would help.

We have problem with the recognition of the carriage return. I'm going to go back in and manually add breaks this weekend. It will be a little time consuming, so bear with me.

If you click on the Park Guide within BGT, you'll see this one looks much better after I manually added the carriage returns.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/park.php?pageid=53

Edited by larrygator

We appreciate all the reviews and suggestions, but no need to post in this thread every time you add something. I see everything through the administration panel.

Please continue to post in this thread if you encounter any problems or have any questions.

Also, focus your reviews on parks that are operating before writing reviews for closed parks.

^Robb's first post in this thread said to post that we had written a review so you guys could check it out, so that's why people (including me) are doing so, probably.

On another note, I noticed on the page where I entered the review that the word "review" was misspelled twice, I believe as "reveiw."

Looked through some of the parks, and it seemed really good. What could become very helpful when it start to fill up with member reviews is to be able to give thumbs up/thumbs down on a review. That way the best review would be on top. (kind of like useful review on IMDB)

Larry,

Is the list of needed stuff in the evolving index thread still accurate? If so, I'll have a load of stuff for you next week to complete several parks.

*Edit: I didn't see where this was mentioned, so forgive me if it was. When submitting a photo, and I'll use Universal Hollywood as an example, in the drop down list for ride name, it lists items such as park map 2009, trips reports, etc. I submitted an exterior picture of Kong and my best attempt at an inside picture (it gets dark quick, plus, it's just a giant movie screen).

Edited by chadster

Posted a review to Little Amerricka, and I plan to post to Timber Falls, Mount Olympus and SF Great America soon. One suggestion, I think a member rating for the Thrill Factor, Family Friendly, Efficiency and Food and Drink would be nice, to help provide more of an average day at the park rating.

Larry,

Is the list of needed stuff in the evolving index thread still accurate? If so, I'll have a load of stuff for you next week to complete several parks.

Great. Yes, it is still accurate. Even if I don't bump the thread, I keep the list updated.

Some of the text blocks such as the directions are one big run-on paragraph, which makes them tough to read. A few CRs would help.

Paul - Again, thank you for spurring me to action on this. I edited all the Park Guides this weekend by manually adding carriage returns, especially with directions, to present in a more legible format. If anyone notices any parks that I missed, please notify me in this thread or via PM.

^That must have taken hours. Looking good; as a professional nit-picker (editor), I appreciate the effort involved in the project, a massive one considering the price (free) and lack of ads.

^That must have taken hours. Looking good; as a professional nit-picker (editor), I appreciate the effort involved in the project, a massive one considering the price (free) and lack of ads.

Your appreciation is appreciated. Unlike what some people think/say, we are always open to critique.

We have been working on this for over two years and got to a point where we could have spent another two years trying to make it perfect. Robb decided let's just get it functional and robust enough that the rest of TPR can view it and point out the remaining deficiencies and we will make changes as necessary along the way.

The quality of the reviews has been excellent this past week. Lots of opinions with rationale/substantiation. Awesome!

We don't call if you think a park is "DaBomb" or "Ghetto" as long as you tell us why you feel that way.

Hey everyone,

I was looking over the 445 Park Reviews that have been written to date, this function is off to a great start. The one area that is lacking involves foreign parks, especially those where TPR has visited as part of organized tours. The following major parks have only one or sometimes zero reviews. TPR enjoyed many of these parks, but don't want everyone to solely take TPR management's word on it. We also want to see if anyone has differing opinions. If any of you have been to these parks try to write a review if you get a chance.

Universal Japan

Bon Bon Land

Mirabilandia

Heide Park

Port Aventura

Bakken

Phantasialand

Toverland

Chessington World of Adventure

Oakwood

Parque Warner Madrid

Holiday Park

Thorpe Park

Tivoli Gardens

Parc Asterix

Grona Lund

Sarkannemi

Linnanmaki

Hansa Park

Tusenfryd

Bobbejaanland

Power Park

For any Europeans that are less comfortable writing in English, feel free to keep your words and reviews simple.

Surprisingly there are even some North American parks are lacking in reviews:

SFNE

LaRonde

Edited by larrygator

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone, just an update on the content within the Park Index.

There are currently 582 Parks listed for which TPR staff or members have submitted photos or photo trip reports.

9743 Rides and Coasters are listed with over 44,865 photos.

We have had over 12.5 Millions views, about 500,000 views per months.

Of the 582 parks listed:

TPR Park Notes and ratings exist for 157 Parks.

In-depth Park Guides for 68 of the most popular/unique parks.

500 User ratings and reviews have been submitted across 100 parks. Keep on submitting those reviews folks.