TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's Game Exchange! BETA TESTING!

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On top of the Forum Link Feature, I've just added check boxes for "add ons". You can select the following add ons if your file requires them:

Loopy Landscapes

Wacky Worlds

Time Twister

Soaked!

Wild!

We still need download, and upload testing. C'mon guys, this is for your benefit!

Weird...maybe I should try making a new package...

...the funny thing is that it worked fine on NoLimits-Exchange, so I don't know. Maybe TPR only accepts certain packages. I downloaded the patch because I was uncertain that I had it, so that MIGHT have been the cause.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/game_exchange/track.php?id=612

Let's try this again.

**Oh, and also, I saw that there was a "required add-ons" drop down menu. You should probably add the TrackPackager to that, because NLPack files can only be opened with the TrackPackager.

...the funny thing is that it worked fine on NoLimits-Exchange, so I don't know. Maybe TPR only accepts certain packages. I downloaded the patch because I was uncertain that I had it, so that MIGHT have been the cause.

I'd say yes to that, but it's the only one I'm having issues with. It is weird. And I can't find the thread in which it was in to do a manual download from there, and then manually upload it into the Exchange. The Admin side just lets me copy and paste links from the Forum.

**Oh, and also, I saw that there was a "required add-ons" drop down menu. You should probably add the TrackPackager to that, because NLPack files can only be opened with the TrackPackager.

Done.

Edited by mcjaco

I have a question... I would really like to post a few things but everything I have is already out in the forums and I know you (mcjaco) are already going post by post digging everything out so I don't want to double anything up. If I were to do some trial uploads and see how they work of just some random items (mainly RCT2) am I able to remove those trial items after we see if all works right or are will they be permanent in the database?

Dan,

You have the option of deleting anything you upload. I'm really only trying to upload NL tracks, and RCT2 and 3 parks and tracks. Nothing relating to scenery, etc.

I can take a mental note to stay away from anything I see of yours.

Edited by mcjaco

OK, let's re-cap a few things now that we're a good week into beta testing, bug fixing, and adding new features.

First of all... WE NEED AS MUCH HELP BETA TESTING AS POSSIBLE!!!

To access the Game Exchange, click here:

http://themeparkreview.com/game_exchange/

So please, try to:

- Upload files

- Download files

- Open files to check if they work

- Browse the exchange

- Search the exchange

- Click on as many features as possible and tell us what works and doesn't work!

For example, we would LOVE it if some of you could download as many as 100 different files at random, and make a list of ones that work or don't work, and tell us what problems you are having. In theory, all the files that are uploaded should work, because they are the same ones that have been posted to the forum over the past 5 years and they all worked before.

Some new features/changes that have been added since we started beta testing:

- Ability to click each username to bring up a list of their tracks/parks

- Search from any page of the exchange

- Identify which add-ons are needed for each track

- Pasting in a forum URL to link users to a thread about your track

- Removing the ability to rank your own track

- "Uploaded by..." has been added to the track page as well as the index

- All uploading/edit bugs that have been previously reported have now been fixed

Also...the TPR Game Exchange is going to need a logo! Anyone want to volunteer to make something? We need a version of it that could fit within a standard size banner, and something that could fit on the front page in the 150x75 pixel thumbnail box.

Thank you to everyone for your help! Now please test the exchange as much as you can!

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

I really like the fact you can upload a screenshot right from the game you took, without having to resize and compress the image. Nice touch, less hassle to upload.

I really like the simplicity of it as well, uploaded my first track and was surprised how nice and easy it was.

All right, I already uploaded a water park and am now surfing around to test the exchange.

WE NEED THIS FROM ALL OF YOU!

If I keep seeing stupid threads (like the Flat Ride Game Thread) getting bumped, I'll start locking all the threads!

C'mon people, help us out! This is for YOUR enjoyment at TPR!

Edited by mcjaco

A couple things.

-Whenever I click Edit under "Manage My Files," nothing happens.

-I wish I could search for a particular coaster, and/or sort them by rank, after sorting them by game. For example, say I want to sort out the top rated No Limits files. When I sort them to NL only files, then click on "Rank," it gets rid of the NL filter and sorts all of the files by rank instead. Also, there is no search bar after you sort the files by game.

-This is just my opinion, but I think it would be better if you couldn't rate your own files.

Edited by FeelTheFORCE

I went through about 40 different files for downloading, just checking the system and I was having a hit-and-miss result with the downloads working. It could be that it is that I am using Safari, but may be something to look into.

Again everyone, we need as much detail as possible. I know it's not as fun as playing the games, but we can't make this work without a little effort on your end.

-Which files worked?

-Which files didn't work?

-Which Browser are you using (version as well)?

-What error message are you receiving (if any)?

A couple things.

-Whenever I click Edit under "Manage My Files," nothing happens.

How? The Browser doesn't go to a new page with the Edit screen? You Edit, hit Update, and nothing happens? Please explain in more detail.

-I wish I could search for a particular coaster, and/or sort them by rank, after sorting them by game. When I sort them by game, then click on "Rank," hoping to then sort out the best ones for that game, it gets rid of the game filter and just sorts out all of the files by rank instead.

Let's get the BETA version bug free, before we start getting into more sorting options.

-This is just my opinion, but I think it would be better if you couldn't rate your own coasters.

This has been covered. You cannot rate your own files anymore.

Edited by mcjaco

How? The Browser doesn't go to a new page with the Edit screen? You Edit, hit Update, and nothing happens? Please explain in more detail.

I'm on the screen immediately after clicking on "Manage My Files." Nothing happens when I click on Edit, right next to Delete. It doesn't go to a new screen, no window pops up, just flat out nothing happens when I click on it. I've tried in Chrome, FF, and IE. All the same.

EDIT: The same problem as this user had, a few pages back.

Let's get the BETA version bug free, before we start getting into more sorting options.

I don't think it's necessarily a new sorting option. I'm not talking about adding a whole new column or anything, but rather the fact that if you sort the files by a certain game, one would think that clicking on "Rank" would then sort out those already filtered files by their ranking, instead of taking you back to every file ever uploaded.

This has been covered. You cannot rate your own files anymore.

I am able to change my rating on either of my 2 files as many times as I wish.

EDIT 2: Found something else. I cannot delete my own files either. I click Delete, then the box pops up asking me if I'm sure, I click Ok, the box goes away, but my file is still there.

^ I'm beginning the think you might need to clean out your browser cache. It might still be stuck on an old version of the Exchange.

This is what I'm thinking too. I am unable to rank my own files and the edit function works just fine now. Sounds like for whatever reason you're stuck in an older version.

Try clearing your browser cache.

--Robb

Ok back to this editing problem.

I just uploaded a new NoLimits track and I can edit that file after it was uploaded.

I still cannot edit my other file.

Edit**

I'm noticing something strange and I have no idea if it's related.

On my My Files page in the User column my username is different. One says DisWiz (uploaded by you) and the one I just uploaded says diswiz. And my TPR account is DisWiz but maybe something weird is happening?

Is the login tied to my TPR login? I'm not sure why my just uploaded file would say diswiz.

Edited by DisWiz

I'd say yes to that, but it's the only one I'm having issues with. It is weird. And I can't find the thread in which it was in to do a manual download from there, and then manually upload it into the Exchange. The Admin side just lets me copy and paste links from the Forum.

Done.

Soooo, did it work alright? And I don't have a thread on TPR that has this coaster. The only place to download is NoLimits-Exchange, and that requires an account.

Ok just so that I don't keep adding to my above post, I add a new post, and I've figured something out.

I logged in as diswiz and couldn't edit my DisWiz RCT2 file (uploaded by you guys). I uploaded a NoLimits file and could edit it.

I logged out.

I logged in as DisWiz and couldn't edit my just uploaded NoLimits file but can now edit my RCT2 park uploaded by you guys. So something is happening with the actual login name.

That should help resolve this issue I believe.

No luck. Still can't edit or delete.

Have you tried uploading a new file? This might just be a bug where if the admins uploaded a file, you can't edit or delete it. And if that's the case, that's a much different bug.

Also, for DisWiz, the username might be dependant on what you typed in when you logged into the exchange. Since all of your tracks are coming up when I click your username, it doesn't appear that it's made you two accounts or anything. So it's not really a big problem.

--Robb

I logged in as DisWiz and couldn't edit my just uploaded NoLimits file but can now edit my RCT2 park uploaded by you guys. So something is happening with the actual login name.

That should help resolve this issue I believe.

This does help.

--Robb