TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Videos About Coasters.

The video that got me hooked on coasters, and first showed me Magic Mountain was: "The Secret World Of..." Series they had one on theme parks and Magic Mountain was the main park featured. Quite educational as well, as I believe I ws the only one in my third grade class who knew what physics were.

I've got that on tape somewhere & IIRC CP was the main park featured,not SFMM although they did use stock footage since it was produced by discovery channel.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first one I ever remember, while it may not be solely about coasters, was Kidsongs: Ride The Roller Coaster. Most, if not all, of the footage is from Magic Mountain. Trailer can be seen here.

I first saw this when I was 3 and was fascinated. Luckily, my parents still own this video as well as many other recorded shows from the 90's and 00's, and at some point in my life, I will break them out again for my kids.

The first one I ever remember, while it may not be solely about coasters, was Kidsongs: Ride The Roller Coaster. Most, if not all, of the footage is from Magic Mountain. Trailer can be seen here.

I first saw this when I was 3 and was fascinated. Luckily, my parents still own this video as well as many other recorded shows from the 90's and 00's, and at some point in my life, I will break them out again for my kids.

Dude, that's the first one I can remember too! I think I rented it from the library multiple times on VHS.

Mine was the first "America's Greatest Roller Coaster Thrills". I loved it, and have since bought every VHS and DVD from the series (and as the ultimate nerdgasm, I recorded those kickass music tracks and they now hold the top spots on my iPod's "Most Listened To" list. ).

Also had both of the "Wild Rides" movies, that "KidSongs" one, "There Goes a Roller Coaster", and "Front Seat Thrills" 1 and 2. Sadly, none of Robb's DVD's have made their way to me...yet.

I remember around my 9th or 10th birthday, getting a VHS tape that my parents ordered from Kodak. It was called Roller Coaster Thrills, and I remember it being my introduction to coasters like SFMM's Colossus, Kings Island's Vortex, and BGW's Big Bad Wolf. It was very cheaply produced, with a weird storyline ( a little boy left alone on a bench with a random ice cream man) and music made from a Casio keyboard, but it left its impression on me, nonetheless.

Wow! This brings back so many memories! That VHS was the video that got me obsessed with wanting to ride all the big rides at Magic Mountain. I remember renting that video at my local library and watching it over and over again!

I also remember all the videos everyone else has mentioned like Kidsongs and all the America's Greatest Rollercoasters videos (I remember thinking the guy in the 1st video was really annoying while riding the coasters.) Nonetheless I would watch all these videos religously for years. My cousin actually got interviewed after riding Desperado at Buffalo Bill's for one of those "Americas Greatest Coasters" videos.

When they had those Travel Channel Coaster shows I would record them and watch them countless times. Those shows really got me wanting to travel the US to ride coasters at Cedar Point and other parks beside SFMM. I'm pretty sure I could find all of those old videos somewhere packed away at my parents house. It would be pretty cool to watch those after 10+ years without watching them.

When I was young, I had Here Comes A Roller Coaster. When I turned 7, I got America's Greatest Roller Coaster Thrills: The Next Generation (when it was brand new). When I was 8, I found America's Greatest Roller Coaster Thrills in 3D and Worlds Greatest Roller Coaster Thrills at a flea market.

At other points, but don't remember when, I got Great Old Amusement Parks, America's Greatest Roller Coaster Thrills 2, some Kodak one, Amusement Parks: The Pursuit of Fun, a few about Cedar Point, and one about Twister at Knoebel's

The video that really got me hooked on coasters and the idea of travelling around the world to ride these with a group of friends is..

drumroll

a TPR video

The video from the )^trip in the UK and especially the Blackpool bit convinced me that it should be fun with a group of people and 07 was the start of my journey around the world.

Next year will include another step in this process.. (Japan) and who knows what will be next..