TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cloverdale [RCT2]

The ground section? The only part that isnt supported is that little dip after the turn, and that actually goes into the ground 5 feet thats probably why you can't see the supports

But yes I was planning on making a little hole in the ground and sloping it to give it a better feel.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Scarn here folks. I am happy to present to you Tennessee Turnpike, the parks water coaster located in the up and coming savannah section of the park. The ride is located across from Outlaw and right beside Gully Rapids. The ride brings you on an exciting ride through the savannah wilderness. So without further ado, I present you with, Tennessee Turnpike!

SCR47.BMP

Sure can't wait to ride!

Michael Scarn here, Some more theming has happened in the Savannah section of the park as well as the path connecting it to the main walkway. Still plenty of things to accomplish before opening season!

-Michael

SCR48.BMP

Some more theming has happened on Cannonball Run. You can see testing is still happening. We want to make sure everyone loves their first ride!

SCR49.BMP

Fallout, Cloverdales rotating drop tower gives guests a beautiful view of the new section of the park.

SCR50.BMP

Things are coming together real quickly in the Savannah section of the park!

SCR51.BMP

After months of sitting dormant they finally got the security system of Shoot-the-Rapids up and running and testing has finally commenced.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the quad post and the almost 2 month dead period.

But after being stuck in a creative bind I'm happy to announce that work on Cloverdale has resumed once more!! This time around I would really appreciate some more support from you guys and suggestions to keep this thread alive so in the future I won't have to post 4 times

I have but one teaser picture for you guys today! I would love to hear your thoughts on the park so far!

SCR69.BMP

Something big is coming to Cloverdale..

Got one more teaser for you guys. This one shows the main feature in the ride. Designed by the Gravity Group, this will be their first 'terrain' roller coaster, and this double-down will provide some of the most intense air-time of any wooden coaster on the planet!

SCR70.BMP

Certainly does look intense!

^ Im with you on this. I like it but I think that the double down is too big. How fast its the train going through there because it looks to me like you have three straight pieces before that large drop. I would keep it like it is but if the train is going slow enough, add a small hill to those straights. Basically make it a triple down. Love the rest of the park, though.

The train is moving fairly slow as it comes down that curve and the reason for the length is with the other track underneath it it would get in the way and not look as good. I personally like it the way it is, feel it gives guests some anticipation That and it fully gives the train to reach its fastest speed coming off the turn to really give you some ejector air.

Well, I personally think it looks awesome! It's supposed to be more of a terrain type coaster, much like the new woodie going up in China thats all the rage on these forums. Yes its not conventional, it's different than 'normal' roller coasters, thats what I was trying to go for.

I really do like the hybrid woodie--pretty nice layout for the restrictions of rct2. The only suggestion I could make is for the double-down's straight section--why not make it go down one or two more on the first drop, then rise a few tiles up, before the second drop, that way there's still potential for air time.

Theming is coming along nicely for the new woodie. Apart from what everyone else says, I am really really happy with the way this ride turned it. It's different and has a certain look to it that I personally love. I hope there's a few others of you out there that feel the same way.

SCR72.BMP

Definitely is a unique ride!