TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hello everyone, this is my first RCT2 park so go easy on me. Here's a preview:

It is August, 2012. Legoland California has gone bankrupt a year after rival park Legoland Florida opened. All the rides have been removed...all the scenery, destroyed. There is nothing left but a large plot of land, ready for a new amusement park to rise from the rubble!!! It is...Carlsbad Gardens. The land is ready for building so let the creation begin!!! It will take true talent and strength to make this park an amazing success but the CG Team will do it no matter what!

Enough of the story, onto the screenshots.

SCR4.BMP

The simple yet attractive entrance to Carlsbad Gardens.

SCR5.BMP

The park's main attraction, A B&M launched coaster called TNT: A Blast From The Past.

SCR6.BMP

Mineshaft Fall, the park's mine themed Top Spin.

SCR7.BMP

Entrance Plaza shot near begining of building. Guests have been let in to try the first few completed rides.

SCR8.BMP

Another Entrance Shot

That's All For Now! Please Comment on Likes and Dislikes!

Edited by SoCalCoasters
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The park looks ok, but I would almost suggest not doing a storyline, cause thats a TERRIBLE storyline. Why would legoland California be in competition with legoland florida? Thats just stupid! Sorry, but think before you post. The park looks okay, but I dont like the B&M supports you'v got, but the layout is fun. Also I dont like the topspin much. Everything else looks nice though!

^ What I meant by that was everyone went to the park in Florida instead of the one here...and CA Version went bankrupt from loss of guests.

I'll post a HUGE update tomorrow or later tonight. Includes river rafts, log ride, CGI wooden coaster, splash boats and a kiddie coaster.

I'm begging you and everybody else to not use those kind of flowers with the little wall!! Either use the quarter tile and put a fence around them or get the full tile that has a wall but no depth so you can't really see it when you put a fence. Please those are just hideous.

Even though I seem to have nothing but hate comments about this park...maybe some new screenshots will help so here:

SCR9.BMP

The Rapids Ride called: Ocean Lake Rapids

SCR10.BMP

Another view of Ocean Lake Rapids (Yes I know the name is weird)

SCR11.BMP

The Park's CGI Woodie: Whirlwind Express

SCR12.BMP

First drop and twisted section.

SCR13.BMP

Ending curves

SCR14.BMP

Turnaround and splashdown

That's It For Now

I'll post the other pictures later today when I have more time

It's not really hate comments as criticism. People who incorporate other's people's suggestions with their own makes a good park. This isn't a bad park but not a good park either. There are good things about this park and more to come but apparently the good thing you have now weren't siginificant enough to get noticed!

So some suggestions for this park! The thank you for riding concept on that woodie. I don't get it. There's no paths equals no peeps to acknowledge that the sign is there And a lot of your woodie's track is on the ground and they're banks so it looks like they have no support

^I have to agree, always evlevate the track so supports appear, that way your park is realistsic, and not to be mean but your park is not at all realistic. First of all, Legoland CA, would never close the two parks serve different people, who would drive all the way from CA to FL, to go to the same park. Also you have no buildings, and the landscpaing seems off

Hello everyone, this is my first RCT2 park . . .

I suggest all the people that have been blunt to just stop. It's his first park so of course it is not going to be the best. Criticism is nice, but just attacking it and making a true fuss out of it is not helping, either. Think back when you first played this, and look at how much you improved since then. This is all a learning expierance, so I know, you want to teach a person what is the right way or not, but attacking someone like this is just unneeded.

on another note:

I like the entrance plaza, and the coasters. I also enjoyed that rapids ride! but, I have to agree with the others about adjusting the height by 5 feet.

Take my advice and think before you build. Look at other parks to get an idea about buildings/rides to further improve this park. You have started working on the basics well, and I know you can improve.

Two quick suggestions:

I agree with you about the rapids name. Rapids are usually in rivers, so I suggest changing the name to something having more to do with rivers.

Second, I don't really like the first drop of your woodie. It's kind of un-GCI like, but thats just kind of nit-picky.

It looks like a great start, and awesome for your first park!

WOW, rough crowd today.

Well, just wanted to say I like the looks of TNT. The supports for the Cobra Roll are just great! I agree about changing the name on the Rapids ride. The area this park is in is subject to flash floods and dry rivers beds are called washes. So maybe try to bring those elements into the name of the ride.

Anyway good luck with the park, your off to a great start.

*where did I put all the happy pills, need to find them and put them in TPR's water supply.

^ What I meant by that was everyone went to the park in Florida instead of the one here...and CA Version went bankrupt from loss of guests.

I'll post a HUGE update tomorrow or later tonight. Includes river rafts, log ride, CGI wooden coaster, splash boats and a kiddie coaster.

All right, that kind of makes more sense. I read over my old post and I sounded like an ass, so I apologise for what I said before. Matt, your evil eyes were well deserved. Sorry, I will try to be more civil in the future.

Good park thus far, other than the support issue on your woodie and the name issue on the rapids (it's like every body of water put together =P) this park has a nice feel to it. Keep up the good work!

I especially like the station/queue to Whirlwind Express.

Thanks all of you for supporting me! I'm sorry that I had to delay the update, by it will be up this afternoon or evening.

WOW, rough crowd today.

Well, just wanted to say I like the looks of TNT. The supports for the Cobra Roll are just great! I agree about changing the name on the Rapids ride. The area this park is in is subject to flash floods and dry rivers beds are called washes. So maybe try to bring those elements into the name of the ride.

*where did I put all the happy pills, need to find them and put them in TPR's water supply.

I changed the name to Flash Flood: A Survival Adventure, but the sign just says Flash Flood. Thanks for the name idea, I just kinda hit a blank when it came to naming the rapids.

Two quick suggestions:

I agree with you about the rapids name. Rapids are usually in rivers, so I suggest changing the name to something having more to do with rivers.

Second, I don't really like the first drop of your woodie. It's kind of un-GCI like, but thats just kind of nit-picky.

It looks like a great start, and awesome for your first park!

I tried to make the drop twisty, but the coaster was too tall and it looked stupid with the curves.

Thank you all for the tips! The update will arrive soon!

WOW, rough crowd today.

why waste the happy pills. Use them on NE and it'll be a more suitable place to go!

^^I don't think putting happy pills in the water at NE would help much, that would take full strength direct injections.

^^^ I like the new name for the Rapids Ride. *Wash Away Creek, or *Flood Valley Driftwood was the direction I was headed for in my thoughts and Flash Flood: A Survival Adventure is right along those lines!

*Water ride names mentioned by me are copyrighted so if you like one or just need a name for your rapids or log flume they are for sale for. Usage rights cost on average $19.99 per day reoccurring every hour until a **cancellation order is in received in writing with postage stamps from at least 3 nations in the Middle East and notarized in Bangladesh.

**Failure to follow these simple cancellation rules will cause an increase in the per day fee jump to $39.99 every hour reoccurring every minute until the above agreed to terms of cancellation have been met in full or death whichever comes first. Thank you for using the DMAXSBA name my ride database system.

Update Time! Once again, thank you for all of your input on this park.

SCR15.BMP

The first of two food courts, along with a crooked house, ferris wheel and in the bottom left hand corner...bathrooms! With extra scenery!

SCR16.BMP

The second of two food courts, along with an Enterprise, and Disaster Mine: The Ride which is a motion simulator themed to an escape from a mineshaft cave-in.

SCR17.BMP

Another view of Flash Flood: A Survival Adventure, when it was still called Ocean Lake Rapids.

SCR18.BMP

The kiddie coaster: Whirlwind Jr, along with the Gifts and Things Shop and The Adventure Ship. In the right hand corner is the splash boats which are called Triple Drop Falls.

SCR19.BMP

Triple Drop Falls (Note, there is a tiny drop before the two large drops)

SCR20.BMP

Mine Exploration, themed to a company giving tours of an abandoned mine. At the top is the Intamin Woodie, Mineshaft 13, and Miner's Dodgems.

SCR21.BMP

More pics of TNT. The top building contains the mine darkride portion. after they exit, they go up the lift to the top of the mine where they are launched into a course filled with twists and turns. The bottom building contains an upward helix.

SCR22.BMP

TNT from the entrance. This building contains the ride's final inversion, a barrel roll!

Hope you enjoyed this awesome update! I may post one tomorrow or Friday depending on how much build time I get in. Stay Tuned!

You need just three of these and it would look fine!

1. Flowers

2. Fences

3. Trees

Thats ALL you need to make a park look from "blah" to "wow!!"!

Nice work for your first park though!