TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

Looking at that area, that would make the most sense for the expansion. CCF is all by itself and if they could expand and make that path lead somewhere would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyers like that deserve to be isolated.

Other than that though, I would love it if they made a loop back there that connects where DA is now.

I would love to see an expansion connecting ccf and steel force. Add a few more shops and restaurants down in that area.

The park also owns all the houses along Hanes Mill Road, back by the wave pool. That is also prime location for expansion.

Looking at that area, that would make the most sense for the expansion. CCF is all by itself and if they could expand and make that path lead somewhere would be nice.

Other than that though, I would love it if they made a loop back there that connects where DA is now.

Ok this I fully agree with! Those were the worst flyers I have ever been on. Even worse then KI!

You know right behind CCF, there is a narrow plot of land. That land is big enough to fit a Zamperla Disko like Pipe Scream at CP

I'd put that right next to ccf and across from Stinger. That patch of land is wonderful and would bring people down that way

Can someone create a map of the undeveloped land that Dorney owns? I would do it, but I'm out of town atm and know where I would find the information.

I believe this is the area they are talking about.

Aaa Anand the picture doesn't appear to have uploaded

Sorry!

Say what you want about CCF, but I have to say since I live 10 minutes from them, I've ridden them a /lot/ (I /really/ like flyers) and they are fun. You can get a few decent snaps in before the cycle ends your fun (as I've said what, 5, 10 times now?)

If you manage to snap CCF you can practically destroy any flyers at any park. Give it a shot, seriously. Your flyers skills will thank you.

I didn't realize how much land the dinosaurs were hiding! Even with them, there's still land to build. Hopefully they will be taken down soon and by 2018 they will make good use of the land - hopefully something with ejector airtime.

It's my understanding that the neighboring apartments/old folks home would battle any plans to stick something good (See: loud) back there. I wouldn't expect anything major to be squeezed in there.

Dorney fans are delusional. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad. "Something with ejector airtime", if you want ejector airtime close to Dorney I suggest you get in the car and gun it over a few hills on the way to Knoebels. That way maybe you won't have to wait until you get to the Phoenix to experience actual airtime.

Reports from Dorney yesterday pointed to people parking in the grass lot and "insane" crowds but this was the line for Talon in the middle of the day despite them filling the overflow lot on an overcast (so not obvious water park) day. Coasters aren't the major draw no matter how much you want them to be.

image.jpg.d911c3b2d13c33910b964106a5b1078d.jpg

Totally forgot they are magnetic gates, and I was just there last week. What the hell is the point of those anyway? Why should I have to push the gate open myself? No one goes to an amusement park to do physical activity.

It is very obvious that the waterpark is the big draw. The amusement side is sadly not bring any interest, even on "insanely crowed days", half the coasters are walk on.

Also I don't get those magnetic gates. This is the only park that I was so confused as what to do. Those need to go.

I feel for Dorney because in my thinking is it did not jump to the expansion idea quick enough and Hershey, Knoebels, and SFGA all beat Dorney to the punch. Now Dorney is this smaller middle man. I don't know, just spit balling.