TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: No Bull: El Toro Builder to Revamp TX Coaster

Arthur Levine, a friend of TPR and About.com's Guide to Theme Parks post a great article with Six Flags' Mark Shapiro here:

http://themeparks.about.com/b/2009/09/29/six-flags-mark-shapiro-ceo-interview.htm

Topics discussed:

- Texas Giant 2011 Rehab

- Bankruptcy Restructuring

- 2009 Performance

- 2010 Capital Plans

- 50th Anniversary

- and lots of other stuff.

It's a good read - check it out!

--Robb

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember reading a site that was posted in the Texas Giant thread that people who did El Toro will do some work on the Texas Giant track. I hope it will be smooth, or atleast smoother then it already is.

But the article was very good! I will probably re-read it 4 more times before the day is over...

They mentioned Flame Throwers...hint hint.

They kind of bummed me out when they said thatthe Texas Giant makeover will headline the 50th Anniversary Event. I hope he meant it would headline the event at SFOT and not for the whole chain. That would be a real bummer if a Texas Giant makeover was the best thing any park in the chain got for the 50th Anniversary.

^^Well, SFKK's water park addition is probably better then the Texas Giant rehab. Although, they are both for the better atleast. If La Ronde gets an SLC for next year, then what will they get for 2011 for their headliner?

I remember last year and the year before, reading about the great "50th anniversary gift" would be the best thing that happened to the parks...doesn't seem to be like that anymore...

Seeing that SFoT is my homepark, I have to say this is excelllent news. The park has needed a little love on this ride for quite a while. Id love to see some love thrown Judge Roys way, but The Giant is one of those lynchpen rides at the park, so its a way overdue renovation and a welcomed one at that. Im hoping not only that the ride mechanics, especially the breaking system, gets attention in the refurb, but that the theming is one of the things that is seriously lacking on the giant, especially sun/heat protection on the extemely hot texas summer days...