TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America Buccaneer Battle Media Day

I went to the park today for about an hour and they were testing the entire time. The ride looks outstanding. The theme is perfect for not only kids who like whimsical stuff but the rest of the family for the interactive parts. The crew was even had a worker in the water adding little pirate flags. They are really going on all out on the ride.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as much as I think that looks like a really fun ride, part of me still misses Deja Vu a lot. It was down a lot, I know, but before Six Flags had new management, like in 2004/2005 or so, they had it running better than it had ever been. I had a pass that summer and it was open almost every time out of the 14 times I went. It was probably my favorite ride at SFGAm. Maybe sometime I'll venture up to Silverwood in the middle of Who knows where, Idaho so I can ride it again.

Either way though, I'll make sure to try it out when I head to SFGAm on the 26th. Hopefully it won't be too cold to get soaked. Looks like it'll be a lot of fun.

Just got back from the park. I got there at noon and there were a grand total of 3 people on the ride due to the weather. Let me say this upfront: you WILL get soaked. There is simply no way around it. I did not get hit by a single item on the ride itself, but got drenched from the people with the crank cannons. Capacity on this ride will be outstanding as the boats move slow enough to take in the ride, but fast enough to be a people eater. The station is full of pirate quotes, which is a nice touch. They even used quotes from Pirates of the Caribbean, which is always nice to have a little of Disney near home. On the exit of the ride, there is a cannon or two as well to nail people, however, you can get soaked from the bucket that drops water.

The people dryer was going at 5 bucks a cycle with a limit of 4 people.

Wish I could have taken pictures, but it was starting to sprinkle and did not want to get the camera wet.

In the end, the ride is a great touch for the park. It looks great and draws people to it. My only concern is days like today where the ride was empty due to weather. However, it seems like the Haystack dryer will take care of that problem.

I'm glad they put in a ride with some outstanding themeing. Maybe it's just me but the park was starting to feel a little bare once they shifted their focus from looney tunes to cartoon network although I am aware part of Bugs Bunny National Park is still there. I guess I'm old school but I miss the way the park used to feel with the musical rocks playing "the entertainer" all day long. Maybe it's because my most recent visit was on opening day this year while all the trees were still dead looking from the winter and before all the greenery had a chance to turn green. I'm looking forward to riding Buccaneer Battle for the first time!

^^This park has a lot of family rides. SFMM, SFA, and SFOG don't have that many. SFMM got rid of 3 family rides remember (Rotor, Baveryn Kurve & Tilt-A-Whirl).

I think all these parks need to work on the flats though. SFGAm has some really aging flat rides that I think should be replaced. The attendance for these flat rides isn't that high, and that is what's making the roller coasters so much more packed.

Are you kidding me? the flat rides at SFGam are awesome. (especially the Schwarzkopfs) there's nothing to be replaced.

We do have some nice flats. I would not want to replace any flats in the park! I would rather have some added on. We only have 2 high thrill flats. (Giant Drop and King Chaos) But our moderate flats are actually pretty good, like Ricochet and Orbit and Triple Play. I would hate any of our rides to go, but we could fit in a nice one where SWF was.

^ I'm surprised that you don't consider Fiddler's Fling to be a high-thrill flat ride .. in fact it's the only ride I've ever been on that frequently requires a nice long sit-down after I ride..!

Cameron.

We do have some nice flats. I would not want to replace any flats in the park! I would rather have some added on. We only have 2 high thrill flats. (Giant Drop and King Chaos) But our moderate flats are actually pretty good, like Ricochet and Orbit and Triple Play. I would hate any of our rides to go, but we could fit in a nice one where SWF was.

Triple Play, Fiddler's Fling, Orbit, and Hometown Fun Machine (more because of the setting), still get rides from me whenever I go. I love them all.

I do miss The Haybaler.