TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios

Hello all!

This is my first Photo TR, so please feel free to leave a message.

Day 1: Plane leaves Philly International at 10:35. Change planes in Charlote at around 11:55. Arrive in Orlando at 1:30. Check in at our hotel and relax.

Day 2: Walk along international drive looking at the different stores. There are $1.99 stores everywhere you look. We also played miniature golf at an awesome place called Congo River Golf. Afterward we looked at their live gators (about 1 foot long). Then we went back to hotel took a swim and went out to eat.

Day 3: Woke up at 7:45 and headed over to IOA. Got into the park at 9 and headed straight for the Hulk where I rode in the front seat. It took me about 15 minutes. Later in the day it would have taken me an hour Then I headed toward the back of the park to conquer Dueling Dragons. First I rode Ice in the front and then Fire in the front. The wait was very minimal for DD. It took me longer to walk through all the queves to get to the station then waiting for the ride. I think that Ice is much better than fire since it is not as choppy and has a better track layout. Then I headed to the Jurrasice Park River Ride which was alright. It was a walk-on so I could not pass it up (later in the day it would be a 45 minute wait). Tip: Do not wait 45 minutes for this ride. After the River ride I went to Ripsaw Falls which I loved. The single rider line for this is so short since no one hardly knows about it so I got on in a minute. The ride was well themed and actually exciting. Once I had gotten off the ride I was soaked because of those damn rich people that pay 50 cents to spray me with water cannons near the end of the ride. After the Falls I continued on to Spiderman which was truly awesome. I had never experienced anything like it before. The line was short also. I completed all the major rides by 11 and now the crowds were growing pretty thick. The rest of the day I rode some of the smaller rides. I also went to Poseidon and the 8th Voyage of Sinbad which were both great experiences. I ended the day riding the Ice Dragon. You get a great view at night going up the lift hill of International Drive and all of Universal (I wish I brought my camera). We ended the day watching the decent fireworks from the City Walk.

Day 4: Went to Gatorland. The Gator Jumparoo and Wrestling were awesome. Too bad it was a really hot day and we left early to cool down back at the hotel.

Day 5: Got up at 7:30 and headed over to Universal Studios. Ran the short sprint to Mummy which was a walk on. I loved this ride. Especially the part where you go backwards and then the part in which you drop down into the mist. I think this ride is at least top 4 in the park. Then headed over to Earthquake which was great. The water rushing into the terminal was not a surprise since the seats were wet. After Quake we went to Jaws. Jaws was actually entertaining due to the fact that our guide was really into it. I swear he was having the time of his life. After Jaws we went to Men in Black: Alien Attack. Again very short line. First time I rode it I did not gain the title "Galaxy Defender". But the second time I was no doubt name a GALAXY DEFENDER. Let me know if you to are a galaxy defender. After kicking alien scum I went on Back to Future which actually made me feel sick. I have never felt sick on a ride, but this one did. Then we caught some on Animal Planed Live and headed to E.T. which was a nice ride. After E.T. we treked over to Shrek 4-D which I also think gets Top 4 honors. RIDE IT. Then we went on Twister which was a yawner. Checked out the Horror Makeup Show which is a must see and also Fear Factor Live. After that it was around 2 so we headed to IOA. We went on Popeye's first since we did not go on it the previous visit. Then I just wasted away on the Hulk, DD and Magic Unicorn. I most have rode those coasters a combined 25 times the rest of the day. GREAT DAY.

Day 6: Kennedy Space Center

Day 7: Fly back to Philly International

Tip For Future Universal Trips: Get to parks early

The trip was awesome. (period)

C.jpg.5af4ec05003cc4bfb64496def4f4fe24.jpg

Seeya later

MIB2.jpg.9764394ed50e13a1b2dd73d32d348cf1.jpg

(Forgot the Key)

MIB.jpg.43b4c72a08deee00d0035865bf057f99.jpg

...Introducing the third member on the Men in Black (or grey)

JAws.jpg.78c2f1682ca939607d42efee4056ebe9.jpg

Almost lost half my body on this ride

Mummy.jpg.cc74d4ad9ec7d38f4b902d9899116759.jpg

Revenge f the Mummy...A great ride

U2.jpg.0aa442ed94c4c2b251075471379acf56.jpg

U.jpg.005d52a169cc7ad70f5bbf9a2cbb417d.jpg

Universal Studios

Sp.jpg.df0d33cbbad7b278151b4aedf779fd9e.jpg

Spiderman

RF.jpg.f78b4345c111ac5295bfae04ae7edfb6.jpg

Ripsaw Falls

JP.jpg.8e7ac57984bcce9585404604828318d7.jpg

RA.jpg.26029aec27d2e6d5c4d4ac373655f0b8.jpg

The River Adventure

DSCN0790.jpg.2495f1b32c5098f66e40a98208d46996.jpg

Great Ride!!!

DD.jpg.fdc0c3948b32383e2d770675d6fdfcef.jpg

Dueling Dragons...

DSCN0804.jpg.765ab3152315cf6230064ea8750bfca3.jpg

Second row from top far right is me!!!

DSCN0783.jpg.5c06e15609064b5e116870b37d2ba45c.jpg

...across the lagoon

DSCN0781.jpg.48b7b0042f4f2c555367b9c061d1cd24.jpg

Hulk baby

IOA2.jpg.0e3afa3d38afa6bf0d5d29a581375e02.jpg

I am ready

IOA.jpg.ac0d7076104447ed1b5b21c9afc9737c.jpg

Here we are!!!!

DSCN0757.jpg.ee15b97941a4124b5867fdc25cb71f26.jpg

Get a new sign..

DSCN0752.jpg.229e1b6ca99d9f055e94a2461e41277e.jpg

Congo River Golf...Shot 2 under par..Tell me if you did better

DSCN0741.JPG.0b4371282081e3f92bf601404e55808a.JPG

View of Hulk from Hotel Room

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the report! Sounds ike you had a great time, I am dying to go back to USF/IOA!!! Guess I will have to wait until December!

I can't remember which side of Dueling Dragons I enjoyed more, I know it was the one that you go to on the left side of the queue, I think it was Fire. If so, Fire side is better in my opinion!

Great TR, nice pictures. Is it just me, or is IOA looking a bit shabby? Maybe it's just the way the pics came out, but I remember the rides and buildings being a lot brighter in color.

I still really want to go back regardless. Thanks for fueling the fire, bud.

Justin

Some of the pictures are not as bright and sharp because I took them after a drenching thunderstorm. But both IOA and Universal Studios were very vibrant in color (and music) when it was sunny out in the morning and early afternoon.

Ive just came back from the same type of eerience i did all major theme parks in florida. IOA was my favourite park. I found hulk to be rather over exaggerated i rode the front aswerll and i didnt enjoy it that much it wasnt so thrilling for me. That is compared to dueling dragons that is a brilliant coaster i thought fire was much better as when you go over ice doing the g roll is amazing the airtime is classic and you insantly life up your feet because its natural reaction but i like ice when you do the coba roll straight next to the wall. Spiderman is a thrilling experience throughout and i really enjoyed it it was a new experience for me. Umm my suprise ride was dudley do rights ripsaw falls that is an insane log flume when you go down the last dip it was steep i thought i was falling out it was such a suprise and then it flings you back up its brilliant.

IOA is a brilliant park and i will defo be going back again great tr anywasy mate.

Great TR, nice pictures. Is it just me, or is IOA looking a bit shabby? Maybe it's just the way the pics came out, but I remember the rides and buildings being a lot brighter in color.

I still really want to go back regardless. Thanks for fueling the fire, bud.

Justin

I think these photos actually make IOA look better than it really does at the moment. It's obvious Universal has been paying a lot more attention to USF lately. That park looks the best that it has in years, while IOA suffers.