TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Halloween Events

With all the talk abot Universal's Halloween Horror Nights, I was wondering what some of your favorite events are? What makes them your favorite Halloween events? Also do parks in the Europe have Halloween events. I know Thorpe Park has Fright Nites.

Thanks,

Jake

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides HHN, Howl-O-Scream is pretty good at Busch Gardens Tampa. Here in New England, we had Spookyworld (which just closed last year) which consisted of about 6 haunted houses which were pretty well done. I'm not sure if this park will open again, it was located in Foxboro Mass right next to Gillette Stadium.

Last year, the crew of Spookyworld had a fundraiser haunted trail at Edaville Railroad, I'm pretty sure to support Edaville though, not the old Spookyworld.

Other good haunted houses are pretty much all of the ones in Niagara Falls, especially Nightmares, which has the highest "chicken exit" uses than any other house. There's a really good single HUGE house in Fall River, Mass called Factory Of Terror that opens every weekend in October.

Six Flags events aren't too good IMO. I've been to SFNE's and they had one good haunted trail, and SFGADV only had a hayride. (which itself was pretty good)

HHN's houses are still my favorite though, always original.

All the amusement park events i've been to have sucked. The personally made haunted houses you see all around the country are usually much better. Sadly, and it's seriously the truth...my haunted house in my basement that i've been doing the past few years beats the hell out of SFOG's entire Fright Fest...

Heres my haunts website if you're interested...

www.houseofhysteria.com

With all the talk abot Universal's Halloween Horror Nights, I was wondering what some of your favorite events are? What makes them your favorite Halloween events? Also do parks in the Europe have Halloween events. I know Thorpe Park has Fright Nites.

Thanks,

Jake

In Belgium (where I come from) you do have some Halloween event but that is no more then some decorations.

Germany on the other hand has a very good event in Movie World. Only two houses, but the fun part is that you enter the house with no more then 20 people at once. Wait a little bit and you walk the house alone (and that is how it should be)

The scare actors have fake plastic arms and fake plastic hands. They use them to touch you for that extra scare.

Last year, one of the houses had a hallway filled with fog... Alone in the fog room... COOL.

I'll be going there again this year (I hope as it is under new management and I didn't hear anything about the event yet)

I tend to do anything "Halloween" I can. I'm in the middle of it all (Tampa, FL) so I make it a MUST to attend Universal's Halloween Horror Nights and Busch Gardens Howl-O-Scream every year (I've been to HHN every year since HHN III)

But I gotta give a shout to those who might be in the Tampa Bay area around October there'a an event I gotta recommend at Lowry Park Zoo called Zoo Boo. I went for the 1st time last year & brought my 2 kids (1 is 4 yrs old, the other was about 3 months at the time). The ads make it look like a kiddie event...but I gotta tell ya some of the houses in that place would put HHN & HOS to SHAME!!! I had to carry my poor son through most of the houses...no joke! And its only about $11 for an adult...so it won't put a hole in your pocket the way the other events might! I tell ya, the props used were awesome. They even had these giant moving robot things that were quite impressive.

Skull Kingdom in Orlando/I-drive is a good visit, though I think its a tad overpriced for what it is. Great photo ops from the front of the place though.

I'm curious to know what Cypress Garden's Phobia is gonna be about. Yet another FL Halloween event is always welcome with open arms.

I'm curious to know what Cypress Garden's Phobia is gonna be about. Yet another FL Halloween event is always welcome with open arms.

Here's the press release:

Cypress Gardens Adventure Park puts a new face on fear this October as “Phobia” descends upon the park. Dare to brave your deepest fears in the dark recesses of haunted houses, fearsome forests, a terrifying train ride and other ghastly delights.

As darkness descends, the goblins and ghouls come out to play and they have some favorite spots to gather. “Scare Zones” will pop up around the park and you never know around what corner they lie. “Misery Mansion” hides spooks and specters in its midst, just full of things that go bump in the night. There are definitely monsters in the closets and under the beds of this place! Venture into the realm of the undead in the “Adams Family Crypt,” as the inhabitants do anything but rest in peace! Hair-raising wails fill the night as otherworldly creatures try to escape their graves and put you in their place! If that’s not enough, plundering pirates fill the night with fear in the “Pirates of the Dead” 3-D haunted house. The walls literally come alive with the ghosts of pirates still searching for their ill-gotten booty and they think you have taken it! Dare to enter the trail of terror that runs through the “Black Forest.” Landscaped with menacing characters and ghastly sights, screams and shrieks follow you as you try desperately to find your way out.

Even the entertainment takes a turn to the dark and humorous side. Watch out for “Bad Bob the Bone Butcher,” as the hapless Deputy Leon is left in charge when Sheriff Hopalong Casually leaves town. Hilarity ensues as Leon frantically bumbles his attempts to put Bad Bob back where he came from…his coffin! And the pirates are getting restless in Nature’s Way as the Captain and First Mate try to protect their golden treasure from the scurvy Patch-Eye Pete. But none of them know that the treasure is haunted! As old as the Royal Palm Theater is, it’s sure to have ghosts of its own; but just in case it doesn’t, we’ve scared up a few for the ice show. “Halloween on Ice” fills the palace with leaps, spins, lifts and twirls in a special tribute to the haunting season.

We haven’t forgotten the littlest ghosts and goblins; with a cute-as-a-button “Boo House” featuring much friendlier seasonal fun. Face painting and storytelling are also offered and on Halloween night, trick or treating is held in Jubilee Junction, with the shops and restaurants handing out treats. Costumes will be allowed only for ages 10 and under.

“Phobia” runs Thursdays through Sundays, as well as Halloween night, starting September 30th. The event is included in the price of park admission and starts at 6:30 pm.

http://cypressgardens.com/concerts.asp?load=69

793866953_NaturesWayPirateJunk3.jpg.de0067dd921e8b43e780072cb1105f74.jpg

I bet this guy will be there too...