The 2015-16 NBA Season

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For what it's worth...From Real GM..

Brandon Marshall would like to play in the NBA next season if there's an NFL lockout.

``Oh, absolutely. Why not?'' the 6-5 Marshall said. ``It's either going to be Denver Nuggets -- try to get a workout with them. And, of course, I'll try to get a workout with the [Miami] Heat. I think the better option might be the Heat. Of course, those high salaries, I'll come in and play minimum. Just minimum. Not for free.''

Read more: http://www.realgmfootball.com/src_wiretap_archives/18071/20100813/nfl_lockout_would_send_brandon_marshall_to_nba/#ixzz0wW4dXrQM

^I hope that to be as cocky as he is with the "I won't play for free" mentality that he doesn't suck. No GM in their right mind would pay a player to ride the bench...unless it sells tickets. In which case the Heat won't need him.

The Phx Suns under Dantoni only played a 8-9 man rotation. You had 4-5 guys going weeks without ever seeing the floor for even moments. Several players get paid to ride the bench while not selling tickets.

Marshall's game is as an outside shooter, and I think that fact fits nicely into the story. If his game was in the post, I could see guys tearing him apart. He should have good enough footwork being a top 3 WR in the NFL, and obviously has the speed and body to play against 1-3's.

And don't hate on Brandon Marshall for being 'cocky'.. If you had the man's skills, you'd be confident too.

None of this matters. There's gonna be a lockout in the NBA next season, and the NFL will find a way to get an agreement in place to avoid one. That's another reason why the NFL is king.

Of course, thats why NFL players are talking about what they are going to do if it happens. Of course it doesn't happen until it happens, but lockouts/strikes happen in pro sports.

I think he's saying that the NFL and MLB/NBA/NHL are on different levels - and I agree. NO WAY the NFL has a lockout (feel free to quote this post if it DOES actually happen)

I don't understand the pattern of thought here. The football is cooler or the NFL is a better league, therefore immune to issues that would lead to a lockout?

Either way, I hope you are right

• 1 month later...

That's hilarious. There was backlash because you went about it like a douche and made a spectacle out of it. I'm sure if Jim Thome or Manny Ramirez did that when they left the Indians there would've been equal backlash and hatred, but they both left respectfully.

Well played Mr. James, well played. It seems he pulled a page out of the Kanye West playbook of "when you f*ck up, find some way to blame it on someone else. Truth of the matter is, I never really cared for Lebron. I bleed purple and gold, so I didn't really care where he went. However, he ties up every sports media outlet, keeps the entire sports world in suspense, and makes the sun sut on his @$$....and he only takes SOME of the blame? SOME? "Well I raised 3 million dollars for the Boys & Girls club". You make $20 million a year from the NBA and you have a $90 million contract with Nike. $3 million is like breakfast to you. You could've given $3 million to the boys & girls club and wrote it off. But there's to much sincereity and honor in that. No sir, YOU have to be a douche.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've given up hope that this is a Laker championship season...Save for Boston, they haven't beaten a team that can win a championship, they've lost over a dozen games where they've led at halftime, they're getting blown out by sub .500 teams at home, at this point...They'll win afirst round series, second round out.