TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[WIP[RCT3]] Mining Madness

And I've started a new small project the day after Flussgärten Familienpark stopped working

Right now, the only thing partly done is the landscape; it still misses some stuff here and there, but some areas are complete - they may be filled with some extra stuff as time goes by, who knows?

The layout is also finished, but I don't have that yes, this is the right layout feeling yet; therefore I might change it a bit, or perhaps do a whole re-tracking. But you don't have to concern about that, since I'm only going to display some welcoming pictures in this first update.

You might think which theme this ride will have - and yes - I have thought about it (the temporary name also reveals a bit of it). It'll be a motorbike coaster situated in an abandoned mining/olie town, which years back was a busy trading centre, but suddenly the oil resources ran out and the mine got empty. Now the only inhabitants of the area are a little Indian tribe and some angry Mexicans with guns.

Well, enough talking, I think it's time for some pictures.

The Indian tribe is hiding on the edge of a dried-up river bed

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ Thanks..

^ Patience my friend.. I always first show the landscape.. But here are some pics of the coaster.

So I decided to do a whole re-tracking seance Right now, it's rather ugly and pretty much the barest you can get, but that'll soon change.

Supports are finished on the first of the 3 launches.

I never thought I should show something so ugly.

Layout

Supports are all done, and I've started on a little theming. It's my first real try with these kind of rocks, so please be patient if you don't see a new update in like 3 hours. It takes some time

It's actually looking much bigger from this angle.

The rocks which I'm trying out.

And some flying track..

Looks awesome Steffen! It's a shame about your park but live and let die I guess.

I'll be keeping my eye on this one! Taiko Wink

Thank you..

^

Agreed, this looks great. BTW the layout is awesome.

Thanks to you too.

Wow, this is looking very good...almost too good for RCT3! Taiko Tounge

And I haven't even started on the theming yet...

I'm jealous.

I spent a good portion of the day looking at examples and tutorials and I got a job ahead of me! You make it look effortless.

Terry

No TUTs are as good as your own experience. I've had RCT3 for quite some time now, and I'm still learning.. A tip though is to look at some landscape pictures from google and then get some ideas from that (if you are trying to create a landscape)

^just keep on practicing Taiko Really Happy Red

I like the new name! I hope you can theme the blocky tunnel entrances, I always have a difficult time doing that

I'll see what I can do; a building is always a nice thing to cover some blockyness you can't get rid of

^I was looking at the tutorials and examples just to see if what I had envisioned for my park could actually be done, which I think can be... so I'm happy about that. I'm just using my development principles to get an idea of what the program could do then starting working through it.

What rock set are you using for this pic?

Terry

Thanks for the comments

I've finished the first "mine"; I still think that something is missing here, but I don't have enough mine/creepy/haunted cs to get what I want, so if you have some cs-tips, it'll be very much appreciated.

From within the mine.

Tadaaa! A water pumping tower.

Though I think it looks fine, if your not happy with the available CS, have you considered making some yourself? If not, there are plenty of guys over at AC that would probably like to help you out...

When looking at the last screenshot, is the beginning of the ride to the left or right side?

You continue to intrigue me, Steffen.

AlmereStars: I will, but the mines aren't finished yet...

cinciDAWGS12: Thanks

angryemobeaver: Of course the will be a POV

DBru: I have tried making cs, but I just don't get either Blender or Google SketchUp, and I already have asked over at Atari's, which has helped a bit.

The beginning of the ride is on the right side.

Hello again. Much has happened since yesterday.I've not been to work due an annoying cold I have, but on the other hand I have had quite much time to do some theming on the ride.

Swoosh!

It might not be the smartest idea entering here..

The old gold mines.

Hmmm you can actually enter here...