TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hershey Park - Fear Of Great Bear

My first invert was actually Mind Eraser at Six Flags Darien Lake, SO you have a much better first time than I did. Then after that I rode inverts like Raptor, Alpie, and Afterburn. Honestly, I find inverts overrated if you're not in an outside, if you are, then you are in for the ride of your life! They're so intense and fun, you'll have a fantastic time.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Bear is a fun, smooth ride. It doesn't really have any huge forces or anything. If you're feeling really nervous about it, the best solution is get there first thing the park opens, go straight to Great Bear, walk right on one of the middle rows with no waiting and just get it done with.

I can just about guarantee you will find it to be a fun time... Like I said, its really smooth and I find it to be great fun. Hopefully if you're anything like me you'll go on anything after a B&M invert. Ages ago (1998 ) I went to BGE and got on Alpengeist (much larger, more forceful inverted coaster then Great Bear), since then you can't keep me off any coaster.

to jimmy

I've also been on Lightning Racer (twice in a row once) Which is my favorite wooden coaster there, I've also been on the Mouse, Comet, and Roller Soaker. Those 3 were decent. Lightning Racer just rocks.

You might feel better about getting on Great Bear if you get on Super Dooper Looper first then, I suppose. Warm you up to the whole inversion/upside down thing.

I just rode the Great Bear for the first time a few hours ago, and I must say, it is definitely the most FUN B&M invert I've ever ridden! It was smooth, had a fun drop, and just had a nice layout without ever being very intense.

I have no doubt that you will love it too!

Great bear is one of my personal favorite rides, it's unique and thrilling, but not overly crazy (EG: The B&M "Batman" layout) so it has a lot of reride potential if the line isnt too bad

the first drop on it is still one of my favorites, the left "Helix" into the right hand turn to the drop is the most unique pre-drop i've personally ridden