TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's New Front Page - BETA TESTING!

Hey everyone!

There is an updated version of the TPR Front Page!

www.themeparkreview.com

What's new you ask?

- Random Stuff! Everytime you re-fresh there will be something new to look at. This will feature TPR updates for the past few years. (Note - we are working now to populate it so every time you check back there should be a little more)

- Search Feature! Probably the most important new feature. The Seach actually WORKS! It's no longer tied to Google!

- Easier to update! It will now be easier for us to update the front page and keep it better organized.

- History! This part is still in the works, but when it's done (which should be soon) you will be able to see a history of all TPR updates since 2001. (Click "MORE" at the bottom of the updates section to see the history)

Please post your thoughts! We wanted to keep in looking the same on purpose. I'm not a fan of changing the look of something unless it ads a significant amount of functionality.

If you find any problems with the page, please let us know. That's why we are Beta Testing it so we fix any problems before it goes live officially!

--Robb

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like how the left and right columns are even in the number of articles they have. Great job!

Yup! There are 20 spots for updates. And then once they go past #20 they will drop into the history page.

--Robb

*note - Although I just made it uneven again! I'll fix that later....

I think that the new front page is an imporovement on the older one. I had the same feeling to click on the pictures, instead of the titles. YAY! Now you can! The white borders make the articles and pictures stand out more than before. I've tried some semi-obscure parks (like Ratanga Junction) in the search and actually found them on TPR. I think this now gives me reason to type in "www.themeparkreview.com" in my browser in stad of "..../forum" or"...../store"like I used to do. I like the new home page. I like it alot.

Oh, Robb, you still need to fix the uneven nuber of updates!

...Is there significance to Dave & Falafel's Dollywood update to be dated December 31, 1969? (EDIT: If rides could be fixed that fast, TTD would have 100% capacity.)

Great new layout, guys. The park index is really handy with the new options.

A bit of text cutoff in Safari 3/Firefox 3 in Mac OS 10.4. Not that important, but mildly annoying.

2022847698_Picture7.jpg.1412626075aec2889117fb51ed6c27f2.jpg

Safari 3 with a smaller text

1356755799_Picture5.jpg.8d93bdc4f67aa2dee8d690990c3428e3.jpg

Safari 3 (text appearing under the next "window")

548120308_Picture6.jpg.65f1af6b368f2f522a9cab9e124b8ada.jpg

Firefox 3 (cutting off text)

Everything looks great to me! I really love how simple this site is, yet it's probably the biggest & best on the web in terms of forums & features and such.

EDIT -:- I was just searching through the Calendar/Events page, and I think it'd be cool to possibly have a feature where you could mark which events you are attending, and then possibly have a little mini-calendar in your public profile, or on your signature that shows what events you're attending. Just a thought.

Cut off is also happening in XP SP2 Firefox 2.

The problem is in your CSS:

.updatepostSmall is being assigned to a "div" tag.

Heights assigned to div tags, regardless of what is posted inside of it, will never change, unlike say a height assigned to a table. The table expands to fit, while div's just cut off.

Smartest thing to do would be to is to either assign a "scroll" to the overflow, to put a scrollbar on it, or make a table cell there.

• 3 weeks later...