TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PTR: Dave & Falafel Go To Dollywood!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ that's very true. luckily, it was only plant eaters and very small carnivores, no need for a Wazooectomy.

And now, because i know you're All DYING to hear more about the 1934 Womens College of Delaware year book, or at the very least might find it more interesting than toe flossing, before i retire for the night i shall transcribe the bio of the young miss Lois Phelps, who, you'll be keen to know, majored in Home Economics! perhaps she got to tend the Baby drawer!

"Lois, one of our merriest girls, and one of our tiniest, is friendly and dependable. She never takes anything too seriously, but acquits her tasks faithfully and well. Down in the commuters' room she is one of the greatest talkers and gigglers, in the arts of which she is particularly skilled. She has her own peculiar way about them too. Ask her to pronounce "banana", and you'll see."

p.s. Hooray! post 100!

^See, replace the name "Lois" with "Chirs", and you pretty much have a TPR Trip Biography all written. Just toss in a line about tiaras, and a "FIRE HOT" and you're done! I'm so doing this from now on. Thank you, Delaware Women's College!

And remember, only the luckiest girls in the house got to wacth the Baby Drawer...

dt

That was a great TR! Glad you liked Dollywood, thats my "home park" lol. Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg are really great places and it has soooo much to offer! It's Tennessee's Panama City.... minus the beach.... and the dominate younger crowd...... and the weather... lol but its close! You look like you had a great time, but there's way more to do so "yall come back now ya hear?!" lol

That women's college bio reminds of the MST3K episode where they riff on the short about why women should major in home economics (got that on tape or DVD somewhere around here).

And Falafel (nee Liz) I glad that you still have an intact wazoo, although being wazoo-less might entitle you to a handicapped-parking permit.

Very funny TR.

- I will likely say something that will confuse and/or offend you during this report, unless the same random crap that rattles around inside my head all day long as does it in yours

I wasn't confused nor offended at any time so ...

Seriously, I think you're one of the funniest (if not the funniest) people on this site.

You get a little misted at this point. I personally would install water cannons here that would blast people with the force of a fire hose. And shoot bees at them. This is probably one of the many reasons why I'm not allowed to own a park...

One of highlights IMO. I LMAO

Great photos! Can we see scans or photos from the old yearbook?

I hope Dave and his girlfriend Falafel can make it down to WDW. I can just see the crazy photos now. Don't forget a side trip to Universal, Sea World, Busch Gardens, and the buffet at the Golden Corral.

And Clever Detective is fine, but I'm thinking Cleaver Detective would be much more entertaining if set loose in Dollywood. (just thought I'd add in another inside joke to the mix )

Keep it up and I'll lock you in my powder room!

...we didn't see any shows, as neither of us are particularly country music fans, plus I'd personally rather set myself on fire than watch a show or parade at a park, unless it involves explosions and strippers...

Best.... Quote...Ever!

Great trip report Dave! Very entertaining and funny! Makes me want to plan a trip there myself.

I seriously think Dave and Chuck could go head to head in a "trip report that makes me laugh so hard I nearly pee my pants" throwdown. I will look forward to this as you are both on the European trip.

Dave, I love your sense of humor and glad that guys had a great time. I agree that Dollywood (along with Holiday World) are a rare class of theme park outside of Disney. I look forward to going back as it has been 9 years since we were last there.

Shari

Great trip report. I do love the T-Shirts. tshirthell.com, presume?

I am also glad to see that the bail bondsman and beef jerky industries have caught on to what the beer companies already know.... hot women = sales.

Next up are exterminators and undertakers.

The quote about parades and shows at parks IS the best quote ever.

DT and Falafel,

Thought of you two yesterday while at the local botanical gardens. They have a dinosour exhibit going on you both would enjoy. Kept thinking of Dinosour at AK and, naturally, Jurassic Park.

Thanks again for sharing a great trip and Happy 4th to you both.