TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Went to Holiday in the Park on opening night (I know I am late with my response). It was raining all night so it was dead. Everything but the mouse was a walk on. I loved that they had pretty much the entire park available besides Gotham City. I almost wish they could have closed the kids area down since no one was there and opened up Superman and Jokers Kinx

The lights in the park were very well done. We tried to watch the show about the kid being selfish but thought it was way to cheesy.

I do not care what anyone says about this park. I honestly just take it for what it is and still have a blast every time I go. I ignore the employees negativity. So many employees were complaining about the cold and rain when we were there.

Went to Holiday in the Park on opening night (I know I am late with my response). It was raining all night so it was dead. Everything but the mouse was a walk on. I loved that they had pretty much the entire park available besides Gotham City. I almost wish they could have closed the kids area down since no one was there and opened up Superman and Jokers Kinx

The lights in the park were very well done. We tried to watch the show about the kid being selfish but thought it was way to cheesy.

I do not care what anyone says about this park. I honestly just take it for what it is and still have a blast every time I go. I ignore the employees negativity. So many employees were complaining about the cold and rain when we were there.

Yeah, the kids area hasn't been as packed, even when it was nice last weekend. The stunt show, grand theatre show, and Coyote Creek show are always jammed. I've never seen them open the upstairs in the Saloon. They had to when I went though. A lot of people. SFA is making a killing on those hot chocolate cups. Got me too..lol

Edited by Highridin

Yeah, I hear you on having a blast every time. You are right about the complaining about the cold part. Though, all of the indoor employees were great. Actually, so were the ride operators. Nice weekend coming up. I might go just for the hell of it, especially since it seems Roar and Wild One were built for the low temps.

Went Sunday evening and MAN was the park crowded compared to before. Wild One was a 4 train wait, compared to walk-on last weekend. Rajun Cajun had a solid 20-30 min line all night. Around 6ish the lines died down, and rides were only 1-2 train wait. Most shows were packed, and food places had long lines.

Didn't see the special Holiday fries, but I got Chicken Tenders with regular fries from Aviator Grille and Hot Cocoa! The park was sold out of the Cocoa Souvenir Cups, so if you got one you're lucky!

Plenty of characters out and about, Santa Bugs Bunny, Daffy the Elf, and Tweety & Sylvester in generic winter wear.

Overall saw the Stunt Show and Jingle Jam, rode Roar, Wild One, and Reindeer's Flight once, and had dinner.

Will post pics later!

^^-- I thought it was that Wild One was the most popular when I rode it first, guess it was mostly timing (went back to it later). Good to know I missed most of the crowds by going later, I figured the opposite but maybe everyone stayed for the lights but then left. Sundays people go home early.

Decent time, I didn't get Christmas-y feeling, but then just rode coasters, maybe next time on the shows... could have ridden one more time before close and then it started raining (lightly) as soon as I got off!

I see they put extra trains in storage already

6 Wild One

4 RoAR

3 Reindeer's Flight: Le Attaque

2 Apocalypse (in a row too -- 3rd would have had to carry me off)

1 Beef Brisket sandwich w/fries (out of mashed potatoes)

I don't know. It looks like a nice forecast tomorrow during operating hours, getting progressively nicer and warmer as the day (and even night) goes on.

Saturday

saturday.jpg.9ee13146821c7331685100de4bbf151b.jpg

Sunday should be a nice night to look at the lights and for some night rides but a little crappy earlier in the day (though very warm)

sunday2.jpg.54acb672bb90262809b17a634db384d0.jpg

Plus the general description makes the forecast look bad even though it's not when you click on it, so it might keep crowds away. Personally I think Saturday sounds like an awesome day to visit.

• 2 weeks later...

Well . . . I'll be spending my New Year's Day at HITP . . . (I'm working on the 2nd so I won't be able to go on closing day).

And I read in my season pass holder announcement e-mail that Opening Day for SFA's 2017 season is April Fool's Day (I'm assuming the other SF parks have that as their opening day for 2017 . . . and I think Magic Mountain and Discovery Kingdom are year round ops?)