TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

(OOC: New timeline park again like my other ones with no cs. Hope you enjoy even though this update doesn't show any rides or such.)

Current Year: 1960

Hello and welcome to my magazine blog for what will hopefully be the newest hot place in town (or rather quite a way outside but hey lol). My names Peter and this is gonna be all about a new park that my Dad is putting together. At the moment there are no rides but I have some pictures and plans to show you.

Firstly though some history. This farm known as Rocky Lake has been in our family for over 50 years. It originally started out as a single shack and field and over the years my grandfather and dad have built it up and expanded it. Its happily made us a large amount of money due to our high quality horses that are used for the races and so we do have quite a bit of money.

Now when my Dad was young he always loved the local travelling funfair's that would visit the nearby towns here in the Lake District but over the years the visits have been fewer and fewer. We recently discovered that the funfair itself had gone bankrupt and before I knew it my dad had jumped on it and purchased the lot. This apparently includes 5 rides but Im not sure what they are yet.

With dad getting tired of all the farming it made perfect sense as we could set it up permanently in one of the fields and so that is what we plan on doing. Anyway enough of my chatting heres some pictures.

Our House

One of the barns out in the yard

The horses paddock

The actual Rocky lake

A local roadside resturant

A overview

Proposed Plans

I know its not a lot but I hope it gets you interested in things to come.

Peter Herrin

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC Replies:

moose: Thanks

COASTERFREAK11: thanks

DBru: Thanks it took a bit of doing to get looking right and as its no cs some experimentation but the building is very much inspired by a real life farmhouse as are the barns. The Restaurant was added to make it look like although its situated in the countryside the restaurant obviously means the road is pretty busy, the park however is in the UK near the Lake District.

Almere Stars: Thanks and I'm glad you'll follow it. It may take a while though as due to the time line a lot of research is going into the ride choice including manufacturers names and everything. It'll hopefully all be worth it for that added realism.

Team Thriller: Good good.

JuanSe_Colombia: Thanks

First update (Construction Pics)

Well I'm back to show you whats been going on over the last 4 months here at Rocky Lake. Firstly though heres a more detailed shot of the lake (OOC: I changed it due to some feedback over at the atari forums) and our horse enclosure and carer Craig Killroy.

Lake:

Horses and carer Craig:

Now I have a 3 stages update of construction for you all starting with the clearing of the proposed field and the installation of gates at the entrance and wooden gates at each of the side entrances:

Main gate:

Side gates:

I then took some more pics as the rides started to arrive and construction on buildings began. The buildings however at the moment will be temporary until were happy with the layout.

Firstly ride list:

Thrill Rides:

Waltzers (Herbert Sellner)

Spitfire (Everly Aircraft Company)

Twister (Eli Bridge/Hall) (NB: Interestingly enough this brand new ride is the reason for the old fairs bankruptcy. Lets hope this state of the art thrill ride will do better for us)

Family Rides:

Merry Go Round (Old style one by William F Mangells said to be 40 years old already)

Bumper Cars (Dodgems)

Anyway pictures:

Gates with rides (which all arrived unpainted except the Merry Go Round).

Another angle:

Then I returned again as the buildings were all being finished off now just to paint them.

There ya go hope you like these updates the park shouldn't be to far away form opening.

Cheers

Peter Herrin

OOC: Replies

Team Thriller: Thanks and yes the path is really there for games sake not really to look good. Its there because it has to be the park is meant to look like a fair you get these days in a field so really the path is just their for the guests in reality they would be able to work all over the place.

JuanSe_Colombia: Well the floor is going to have to stay for a year at least park time due to above reason. Glad you like the rest though.

Second Update (Painting the rides and buildings)

Well this is just a short update to show the way we've painted the rides. Nothing really new is showed apart form the new paint jobs. As we are less than a month away from the projected opening so the ride signs are being created at the moment and you'll see these along with pictures from the opening few months next time.

Anyway hope you like these new pictures.

The Waltzers and cover with Spitfire (Roll O Plane) in the background:

The Merry Go Round:

2 more random pictures:

Till next time.

Peter Herrin

For a park, not so great. But for the "60's fair" style you are going for, it looks GREAT!

Very realistic, and exactly what you'd see if a farm around the Lake District (or even here) were to open up as an amusement attraction.

Keep it up!

• 8 months later...