TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2008 NBA Playoffs: What to look out for in the west

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Kobe had someone else who demanded as much serious attention, this series might look a little different at this point. Shaq, anyone?

Well, look at it this way. The Lakers haven't had a true center since Bynum got hurt. Gasol is doing a good job playing in that spot, but in reality he's going to be more comfortable at PF. Next season, we'll have a starting five of Fisher, Kobe, Odom, Gasol, and Bynum. They'll have the potential of two big men on the floor against the likes of Duncan, Garnett, Stoudamire, etc. I think that puts the team in a much more comfortable position. They are a great team already.

As of right now, Boston, especially the big three, are more experienced, more composed, and just plain hungrier. Obviously everyone wants the ring, but Kobe is the only one on the Lakers who has the absolute singular focus... whereas Boston has KG, Pierce, and Allen firing on all cylinders because they absolutely NEED to win this. They are terrifying right now, it's just weird they essentially stumbled through the first three rounds.

Oh well. we had a good run. Though mathematically still a chance the Lakers can win, the odds crush them. The Lakers winning three in a row with two of those games being in Boston isn't very likely, but L.A. is still my team, so I'm gonna root for them untill the end... Let's just hope that end is in game 5.

What? You mean there's no conspiracy theory that the league is going to order the officials to stretch this to 7 games by any means necessary?

Seriously though... I realize I'm dreaming here, but just imagine that somehow the Lakers can push this to a game 7, and they seem to be aided by "timely" calls from the officials. What a shite storm that would be!

^ Yeah, what he said. That game looked liked the Lakers were just delaying the inevitable rather than taking charge. Although... If they can somehow squeak out a win on Tuesday... (Tries to keep hope alive)

^That's a tough call to make "in the heat of moment". It happened so quick in real time, and absolutely didn't look THAT bad as it happened (Pierce should have done some acting)...that's a call refs will miss at least half the time. Replays made it more obvious it was probably a reach in. But that's an easy call to miss IMO.

Anyone got an over/under as to how long the final two minutes of game six is going to last?

I'll start it at nine minutes.

Game four was, from memory, about nine minutes.

Game five was 14 minutes.

Who wants in on this action?

Wes, I love the avatar, and the fact that you honored the bet like a man. A small part of me feels for real L.A. fans like yourself.....after two decades, I've had to get used to heartbreak, and I know how you feel right now.

Several random thoughts:

- Kobe, if you're gonna trash talk to the fans, make sure you back it up.

- Mike Bibby, how's it going?

- Reggie Miller, still think staying retired was a good move?

- I'm a bit disappointed no one on either the broadcast team, or the Celtics themselves mentioned the memory of Dennis Johnson. This one was as much for him as it was for "Red". The entire Celtic family along with its fans misses you guys!

- I'm still amazed at the size of the beatdown!

I was excited for the series, but it just didn't have that great feel that I was expecting. It was a very good series, but I was just expecting something different. I'm sure it was great for the Boston andLA fans though.

Congratulations to the Celtics fans.

I can't wait for the draft. #1 pick baby... But Vinny Del Negro?