TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

I sure hope this does not turn out like Geauga Lake.

And, yeah, that "temporary" is probably just a code word for GOOD.

If they took out Invertigo, it would be another reason for me to not spend money to go to CGA.

Does anyone know if the ride will be back up by late October. I'm going to my last Key Club Fall Rally this year and I was hoping it would be open. It is one of my favorite rides there (Not that there are much anyway) .

• 3 weeks later...

Has Invertigo's "Dismantling" began as the news stated? Or was the dismantling the removing of the trains and accessing the chain area as I had noted/got photos of last month?

And I'm still crossing my fingers for the woodie, but am starting to lean towards the idea that it was just truly a proposed idea that will not make it into the works...though that's a major way to boost attendance. I keep hearing mixed things about it that it's starting construction this fall (I wish) and stuff like the coaster's just a pipe dream, not happening. And every once in a while, I'll ride the star tower just to see if there's any changes/land clearing going on for the coaster but it all looks the same.

Anyone else have any word/thought on this?

^I don't think one will fit in Invertigo's space though.

I don't think he meant replacing Invertigo. I don't think Invertigo is going anywhere. But there is space where the woodie was supposed to go. Behind Xtreme Skyflyer and Whitewater Falls.

^ Or they could just plop a Zac Spin or El Loco on the opposite side of the park for craps sake! There are always other options and workarounds for any obstacle, just don't expect any from CF (just like with Paramount). Cause then CF wouldn't have any excuses anymore for adding any significant hardware to a park they would rather just unload than invest in. Like I said when CF very first prematurely announced an un-approved new woodie with no prior approvals whatsoever to actually build it, was nothing more than a ploy to jack up the asking price of a park they had just barely put up for sale.

Right, that's what I meant, Invertigo is not going anywhere. If/when they want to FINALLY add a new coaster they will find a way to fit it in, parks do it all the time. Even if it was put in another location although that would not make sense if there is room where this woodie is 'supposed' to go. Btw, any further news about CF suing the 49ers for "not disclosing information"? And what is new for 2010? Even if it's a used coaster it's better than no coaster but CGA deserves more. 10 years is WAY too long.

I haven't heard anything other than how Cedar Fair is planning to sue. I'm sure we're all on the same page with that situation.

Yes, coaster is a must if they want that park to survive. Bring a coaster in, attendance will skyrocket, I can guarantee. Honestly, I wouldn't even mind if they squeezed something in like Steel Hawg. And yes, they can cram coasters in a variety of spots. Vortex's spot (without the coaster) doesn't even look possible to put in a coaster but they did.

A giant coaster that went all around the park and intertwined with other coasters would be sweet and they could do it! Or even an Intamin impulse coaster (Vertical Velocity) should easily fit in Tidal Wave's old spot but hmmm, where would the station go? Or even one over/around Logger's Run or over/thru Demon and Grizzly. See, lot's of room, they just need to DO IT!

There's a bit of land between the Rapids and Boomerang Bay, though it's kind of 'swampy.' A spinning coaster, or one of those "Steel Hawg"-like coasters could be incorporated right there. Not sure if they need another compact/family coaster as they already have Psycho Mouse and Runaway Reptar or whatever it's going to be renamed now.

That's true. They could also build a large coaster that goes half over the small lake or even a Farenheit clone with a taller drop in the spot where the woodie is supposed to go, or actually, anywhere else. If they got rid of Whitewater Falls that would free up more room. They don't really need that ride anyway. Just looked at a satellite photo and there is a lot of land between WWF and the Pictorium- where Whizzer once stood, get rid of the Pictorium and there's even more. And I see what you are talking about, there's a good chunk of space that Rip Roaring Rapids goes around.

I think if CF wanted to unload this park they wouldn't be going after the 49ers. They were also fighting the stadium deal because they said they had future expansion plans for the park. Why would they say that if they were going to sell? With no stadium they could expand into the main lot easily and still have plenty of parking. I don't buy this 'unload the park' thing and I don't want the stadium either, it's just not a good thing.