TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

I was just going to throw in the same thing (trying to be optimistic and see the Youtube thing as a troll, since that's where a lot of trolls exist). Sometimes trees can get diseases and require getting chopped. I remember a couple seasons ago that some trees around the Rapids area were flagged and a couple weeks later, cut. Lets hope anyway that this is the same case with Demon. Does anyone recall if the trees looked like they were dying in that area?

That area of the park near the Demon's corkscrews and tunnel always seemed really dry to me and there isn't that much landscape in that area of the park so that could be a factor to. The tree's may have not been well cared for and they had to be removed. Its still too early to tell and I haven't seen anything on the permit site.(Checked a couple days ago.) I wouldn't worry about it.

About the trees, I know there is a weird fungus that trees can get and they need to be cut down so they don't fall over. I don't believe that Demon rumor but who knows.

That's likely the case, CGA is pretty serious about their landscaping (although, they really need to mow the Inverti-lawn, the grass is starting to grow over the Hearse's tires )

Posted via their Facebook page- A very ominous sign...

California's Great America

One Final Weekend of the 2011 Season! The Park is open Saturday and Sunday 10AM to 5:30PM for day operation, and Friday, Saturday and Sunday night for Haunt from 7PM to Midnight! The park is closed on 10/31. Who is coming out for their final Flight Deck rides?..

I hate to say this, but I think we've been given a very strong hint there.

R.D.

Link to CGA's Facebook page- with this post.

^

Stop over analyzing every little detail, the last day of the 2011 season is the 31st, then before that was advertising sales of the 2012 season pass, do you feel a draft, oh..no it's just the rumor mill starting to blow around again.

Perhaps- but with one less coaster?

^^ and yet another rumor. i'm not adding any speculation, like i've said before people need to stop getting themselves worked up over nothing until confirmation is shown one way or the other. now if you excuse me i'm going to go build that Aquatrax by hand.

^nibbler hit it right on the head. You are overthinking things. Flight deck isn't going anywhere

That's -exactly- what people said about Geauga Lake... or Busch Gardens Van Nuys.... Or Boardwalk and Baseball... Or Two Face at SFA... Or INVERTIGO from CGA...

People, I'm not starting a rumor here: But let's face reality. The new parents of the park have one desire right now: Get rid of it quick. It's taking up valuable parkinglot land for the (if it ever gets built) stadium. The sooner the park is dust, the happier everybody in SCC will be. And considering the rides were NOT part of the land sale (CF still owns them) we should NOT be surprised by rides being packed up and shipped out- or even sold off in the next few months.

Yes, people will start flaming me on this, I'm sure. But I'm also one that tends to belive in the reality of the realty here, and that next season CGA will be nothing but a shell of what it is now. Cedar Fair knows how to move rides- and with at least two coasters that could be moved successfully, it would not surprise me if they are- and sooner rather than later.

I will be there also! Last weekend at the Boofet none of the monsters/talent came into the Boofet area the just let us go out at 6:30. My mom is kind of the same way but she won't run from them. She just get scared A LOT in the maze's which is very funny. She even got scared by one of the blackouts waving their flashlight.

Im looking forward to some last rides on Flight Deck and Grizzly. (If its running) Then we have the long off-season upon us.

^

yea, last Sat was chaotic, long story short the final park sweep took a bit longer than expected, I wasn't able to get my guys out as a result until my area was cleared, by that time the decision was made to let the boofet group in, so all my crew just stayed where they were in the zone

^

Stop over analyzing every little detail, the last day of the 2011 season is the 31st, then before that was advertising sales of the 2012 season pass, do you feel a draft, oh..no it's just the rumor mill starting to blow around again.

not to mention the statements from both the city and JMA already confirmed the park is not going anywhere.

anywho, Gumball.. will you be joining my clowns for another play date this weekend?

Let's not be so quick to jump on Rudie (or anyone else for that matter) for reading into something. Right or wrong, there is a way to go about expressing your opinion respectfully, and this wasn't the best you could have done. I'm not taking sides on the issue, but as a moderator alone, I'm asking that you cool your jets a little bit and let speculation be just that. We are talking about theme parks, right?

I know you have been here for a little while, but we do ask that all users adhere to the Terms of Service you agreed upon when first registering for Theme Park Review's forums. Your posts are currently in violation of our posting rules due to lack of proper capitalization and punctuation. Please take this as a friendly request to fix your posting style in future posts so that we can keep the quality of the posts on our forum up to par. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know!

Posted via their Facebook page- A very ominous sign...

California's Great America

One Final Weekend of the 2011 Season! The Park is open Saturday and Sunday 10AM to 5:30PM for day operation, and Friday, Saturday and Sunday night for Haunt from 7PM to Midnight! The park is closed on 10/31. Who is coming out for their final Flight Deck rides?..

I hate to say this, but I think we've been given a very strong hint there.

R.D.

Link to CGA's Facebook page- with this post.

Well considering they have already sold 2012 seasons passes they can't do anything about it. Also considering that flight deck is one or thee most popular ride it would suicide the park. If they take out anything I hope it would be "the orbit" lol

Found this a while back on Greatamericaparks.com's forums, figured it would be a good time to post it. Don't know the reliability of this user, though.

I'm told that Cedar fair already removed some of the assets (the newer roller coasters) before the deal closed.

http://www.greatamericaparks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=856

Invertigo, yes, but "roller coasters" is plural. "Newer" would mean Psycho Mouse, or maybe *gasp* Taxi Jam?! I have a hard time classifying Flight Deck and Vortex as "newer," though.

Ah the smell of rumors... Everyone relax, CGA isn't going anywhere. There's a reason why the city owns the land and not the owners of the park. It's a cash cow for the city. All that message means is that October 30th is the last day of this SEASON, so get your last ride on Flight Deck before the park closes for the year, plain and simple. I know as theme park nerds we over analyze little things, but that's what we do, we're not like the GP. Looking forward to 2012 and the new and upcoming changes with the new owners.

^Amen!

Honestly, when I read CGA's post, I was not even thinking of the ideas of 'being the last rides on Flight Deck, ever!' I simply took it as being the last rides for the season.

I am too excited to see what 2012 will bring for the park and highly hope that the park can get out of it's even larger slump that it's in now. The park itself has been taking a roller coaster ride of its own; Paramount had its phase of ripping out classics, Cedar Fair gave us hope, Cedar Fair lets us down and leaves us all in limbo wondering what's going on. JMA, we'll see what happens. I have high hopes but I'll approach with caution.

I've been lurking around these forums for awhile and today I finally decided to join.

The park isn't going anywhere, they still need funding for the Stadium, and what better place to get it then from the park. That 937 million dollar price tag isn't gonna pay for itself, so the longer it takes for them to raise that money, the longer the lifespan the park has is the way I see it. I honestly see a bright future for the park, but it's hard to believe that a new coaster is coming to CGA anytime soon, it just landlocked (more like office locked). I'm we can get that Wooden Coaster eventually.