TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Jamie's Awesome/Lame TR - Cedar Point June 2007

Attached pic was taken at night in the front seat after a couple of JD and Cokes!!! Best ride ever!!!

By the looks of the pic it looked like more than a "couple!" Just joking! That is really cool that you have worked him up to MF... If he can handle MF I'm sure TTD would be a "breeze!"

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, don't get your hopes up too much. Cedar Point has many stand out, unique coasters. Kings Island...not so much. They have a bunch of good to decent clones with two unique woodies, one in a good way and one for...well...

If you had a great time at CP without hitting a couple of the big names, though, you certainly seem to be able to make the best out of your situation. Kudos to you for that! Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed KI (and I am one of a few who enjoyed SOB), and I hope you do too. Just don't expect a bunch of MF and TTD quality rides.

Hmmm.... now you have me thinking.... should I go back to CP and just forget about KI? LOL! Any suggestions anyone?!

I love this picture. Sunset = Happiness. Roller Coaster = Happiness. Both = Masterpiece.

Should have rode Raptor, that is a fun ride.

Thanks! I loved the pic myself.... one of my favs....

So I have heard Raptor is pretty good.... I will so ride it next time.

Hmmm.... now you have me thinking.... should I go back to CP and just forget about KI? LOL! Any suggestions anyone?!

I would say it depends on what you'd like to do at the park. If you want new credits, go to KI, they have plenty. If you want to revisit a great experience and try two rides almost everyone holds in high regard, you might want to head back to Sandusky.

At KI, Beast is a MUST at night. Although 99% of ppl hate SOB, I enjoyed it and didn't find it rough. Firehawk is smooth (despite its maker) and fun (the loop in the back row is pretty forceful too). Face/Off's forces made me literally drool as I lost control of my facial functions on the reverse trip (oops, it's Invertigo now). Flight Deck (ugh, what a name...) is really short, but most ppl really enjoy it. Flight of Fear is enjoyable, and nothing super intense. Vortex is pretty standard for an Arrow looper in terms of roughness, and fairly uninspired with back to back loops, then double corkscrew, then batwing. I can't vouch for Reptar and Adventure Express, or Fairly Odd (I haven't been on that in about 12 years...)

So take that (plus what others say about KI), and compare it to your time at CP plus the hype about Raptor and Maverick (as it is ALL true!). As I said, it comes down to what you'd want to do at the park. I wish you luck in your decision!

If you have the time and money, I would suggest doing three parks: Kings Island, Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom, and Holiday World. They are relatively close together, and you can get lots of credits.

I used to LOVE Kings Island circa the late 80's, but you can still find some cool coasters there. And riding the Beast is sort of a rite of passage for most coaster enthusiasts. It used to be about riding a great ride, and now it is about riding a shadow of its former self and hoping your back holds out!

If you have the time and money, I would suggest doing three parks: Kings Island, Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom, and Holiday World. They are relatively close together, and you can get lots of credits.

I used to LOVE Kings Island circa the late 80's, but you can still find some cool coasters there. And riding the Beast is sort of a rite of passage for most coaster enthusiasts. It used to be about riding a great ride, and now it is about riding a shadow of its former self and hoping your back holds out!

Cool... thanks for the info! Hmmmm I didn't realize that Holiday World is just about as far as Cedar Point is from Columbus! Oh now I have MORE to think about....

Thanks again! :0)

By the looks of the pic it looked like more than a "couple!" Just joking! That is really cool that you have worked him up to MF... If he can handle MF I'm sure TTD would be a "breeze!"

Yeah, I figured that someone might point that out! Actually, we weren't too bad...it was my attempt at doing something ultra-lame for the camera, as I often will do when riding in the front seat! I figured someone might also comment on the look on my BF's face, as he looks like he might become a bit ill! Although, he was in good shape after all was said and done and that was the last ride of the night.

I think that the sheer overall look of TTD is what is so intimidating for Michael. On this trip, my father was also with us (as well as another friend) and I got him on TTD. I swear that was one of the very few times I have ever heard my father say 'Holy F!' was when we were cresting over the top!!! I think that I have a picture of us just before we launched that I will have to dig up and maybe throw into a quick trip report.

I told Michael that once he gets over the fear of the overall heighth and drop, it is really not that bad. Besides, it is over so quick, you hardly have time to be scared. It is the moment before the launch that is so horrifying...the dry throat, the heart pumping, looking straight at the tower, the colored lights...and then you're just gone!

I told Michael that once he gets over the fear of the overall heighth and drop, it is really not that bad. Besides, it is over so quick, you hardly have time to be scared. It is the moment before the launch that is so horrifying...the dry throat, the heart pumping, looking straight at the tower, the colored lights...and then you're just gone!

I have to agree the most terrifying moment is the sitting and waiting.... I thought my stomach would jump outta my mouth! I can get nervous now just thinking about it.