TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Height requirments for flat rides

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no such thing as a park that sets its own requirements anymore. Any changes have to be signed off by the manufacturer as well. If there is no state regulations, their insurance company will make them go along with the manufacturers guidelines.

Yea, I know what you mean. But I meant why do two different parks have different requirments for the same exact ride: For example: La Ronde and Great Escape both have Huss Pirate Boats. But Great Escapes requirment is 48", and La Rondes is 52", so I was asking if there was a real reason for the difference.

This actually reminds me about something. At CGA, The Orbit, which is a Schwarzkopf Enterprise, used to have a height requirement of 44 inches to ride. Then when Cedar Fair bought the park they changed it to 54 inches. My guess would have to be that they didn't want to take any safety risks. After all, the Witches Wheel at Cedar Point, which is another Enterprise ride, also has a requirement of 54 inches.

Viper at SFMM has a height requirement of 54" and Sidewinder at Elitch Gardens has identical trains and the height requirement for that is only 48"

Two Different rides. Viper has what, 7 inversions? and Sidewinder has 1

^ Vortex at King's Island has been 48" for a long time, and it has 6 inversions.

This actually reminds me about something. At CGA, The Orbit, which is a Schwarzkopf Enterprise, used to have a height requirement of 44 inches to ride. Then when Cedar Fair bought the park they changed it to 54 inches. My guess would have to be that they didn't want to take any safety risks. After all, the Witches Wheel at Cedar Point, which is another Enterprise ride, also has a requirement of 54 inches.

I just want to point out that Huss changed their minnimun height requirement for their enterprise for the 2006 season. It changed from 48 to 54 inches. I work at Lake Compounce, and telling the kids that they were not tall enough, when they were the year before, was very difficult to deal with. I am not sure why Huss changed the height requirement.

I just want to point out that Huss changed their minnimun height requirement for their enterprise for the 2006 season. It changed from 48 to 54 inches. I work at Lake Compounce, and telling the kids that they were not tall enough, when they were the year before, was very difficult to deal with. I am not sure why Huss changed the height requirement.

I find it interesting that the Centennial Screamer at Lagoon, which is a Huss Enterprise, has had an "Under 46" May Not Ride" Height Restriction since it was Installed in 1987.

I find it interesting that the Centennial Screamer at Lagoon, which is a Huss Enterprise, has had an "Under 46" May Not Ride" Height Restriction since it was Installed in 1987.

Then they are not compiling with Huss regulations.

Then they are not compiling with Huss regulations.

Do you have a copy of this supposed Safety Bulletin from Huss?