TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Indiana Adventures

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flight of the Falcon

"Flight of the Falcon will be the main attraction to premier at Six Flags Indiana Adventures for its Grand Opening!" Stated the park's new GM, Todd Michaels. "The ride will be a new concept, a 'flying' roller coaster, by the newest designer at Vekoma Inc., Don "Milkchan" Jones. He worked with us to come out with what we believe will be an AMAZING product! We recommend his work to all other parks, for he will try his best to suit your needs."

The prototype roller coaster is planned to open with the park in early April of 2000.

- AcBarr Gazette

Here are some facts about the coaster:

Highest Drop: 68.77 ft

Top Speed: 45.78 mph

Length: 2476.04 ft

Excitement: 6.91 (High)

Intensity: 6.48

Inversions: 5

Can't wait for the opening!

FlightOfTheFalcon_logo1.jpg.b67db5a02080dde7d4ab0b9a9536a546.jpg

The release picture, NOT the official logo...

CONSTRUCTION UPDATE

Well the track and supports are have been finished on the coaster (another thanks to Milkchan), and here is the storyline for the coaster:

A village struck with disease has been abandoned for years, and now only a lone bird remains. He flies in and out of the village every night, searching for a survivor. Fly with the falcon on his next trip, as he sweeps you off your feet for one of the most intense rides of your life. Will you survive the journey?

Themeing is currently being worked on. 3 structures of the village have gone up, but the area is no where near complete. The paths will receive more detail, even though they cannot be accessed by guests. I really proud of Six Flags. They have promised to keep the park's back-country charm. Do you think they'll keep it up?

Construction Pics:

Pretty much an overview of what's been done...

I wonder what this building will be?

The first of MANY buildings you will encounter on your flight...

Cool angle, too bad it will be a while before the ride is complete.

On another note, Hideout has been replaced with... this? Yeah, I can think of plenty of other things that could go here besides a palm tree and flowers? Six Flags... gotta lov'em! lol

Flight of the Falcon Completed!

Well, I was just going to take a short trip by the park today, but to my surprise, Flight of the Falcon was finished! I'm pretty surprised at Six Flags, because the themeing is somewhat better than I thought the company was capable of. Onto some pictures!

First we go back into this charming little section before we meet...

Flight of the Falcon!

An open bridge over the small pond.

Overbanked turn! You can see a lot of the ride's scenery from here...

Overview!

In other news:

Hmm...

Wow, very nice park!! I really like it, and the story lines as well.

How well does it operate on your PC though? I know i hate making really large parks on RCT3, the game is such a resource hog and my PC isn't as good as it could be, so it makes playing the game a nightmare, especially on parks that have night-time play.

This park would be fun to attend in real life though. Good job!

Thanks you all!

^The lag is pretty terrible. It takes forever to load the scenario, then it lags so much, nothing really moves. That's why custom scenery is hard for me to use, because every time I click, the scenery piece doesn't always go in its place. But I've learned that if you pause the game while you build, it will speed it up a bit.

Oh, and yes, nighttime is HORRIBLE! I just fastforward through it after I take a few screenshots...

Terror Tower

Today I took the AcBarr helicopter over Six Flags Indiana Adventures on my way to Louisville for a meeting. The park has added a new attraction, Terror Tower, more signage, and a few more details to Flight of the Falcon! Take a look...

Terror Tower is an Intamin Gyro Drop. Its the tallest of its kind in the world!

I don't really understand the theme, but hey, its Six Flags...

The new SFIA logo has been added to the park entrance.

Oh, and of course I couldn't leave out Flight of the Falcon!

I probably won't be able to get out to the park again until re-grand opening, so I'll see you then!

Thanks everyone!

^That's pretty cool, I just picked out the "largest" small town near Indianapolis to make my park, because I wanted it to be "woody" with lots of charm. In the beginning anyway...

Grand opening coming soon!

Hey everybody. I'd just like to fore-warn you that there will be a complete lack of updates on here and my RCT2 catalog for the next week, because I'm leaving for Myrtle Beach on Monday morning! So don't assume that the park is being discontinued, because things will pick up on April 7th!

Have a great Spring Break!!!

Isn't Myrtle Beach Hard Rock Park now? anyway plummet looks almost as good as our plummet Have a great spring break and I guess I will beging theming. April first is the due date. I will try to email you before ride making and have a great soring break. See you soon

THE GHOST

Isn't Myrtle Beach Hard Rock Park now? anyway plummet looks almost as good as our plummet Have a great spring break and I guess I will beging theming. April first is the due date. I will try to email you before ride making and have a great soring break. See you soon

THE GHOST

Hard Rock Park opens in May or June.

Have fun in Myrtle Beach!

Thanks you all! Yes, I was SOOO upset when I found out that HRP doesn't open until May, but we are still going to hit Family Kingdom and then Carowinds on the way back!

I've decided to take my laptop with me, so if it rains during our vacation, I'll be able to finish up the entrance plaza for our RCT2 pairs competition, and maybe post the Grand Opening for SFIA!

Oh, and does anybody know if it's also spring break over in Myrtle Beach?

• 2 weeks later...

RE-GRAND OPENING

Hey again everybody! Wow, it's been FOREVER since I got with you last! Sorry for the lack of updates, it has been a long and hectic Winter...

Anyway, grand opening for the park under Six Flags was today, and I even saw some of you there! Did you have a good time? I know I certainly did, and I grabbed plenty of snapshots to share with those of you who couldn't make it out today.

SFIA has added two new rides for 2000. Flight of the Falcon, which is a Vekoma Flying Dutchman, and Terror Tower, a 3rd Generation Intamin Drop Tower. Both are great additions, and I hope Six Flags continues to build on this woodland park...

The gates began to fill up about an hour prior to opening, SFI did a great job of advertising the celebration!

Once inside the park, I just leisurely meandered through the park, soaking up the atmosphere and making observations. For example, I noticed that the Pizza Hut is now a Papa Johns buffet. I believe SF is in talks with Papa Johns to make it the "official" pizza across the chain.

Black Widow was running a little on the rough side, but the back row still provides some great air and the waterfall/corkscrew is just amazing...

Grain Grinder has been renamed (and repainted) as Enterprise. A typical Six Flags move...

The new paths make the park feel a lot more open, I'm really surprised the park put up all of the money to complete this huge task!

LTTT was not ready to open with the park yet. It's path improvements were still being worked on.

Hmmm... that's new...

Oh yeah, it's Terror Tower! The walk over to the ride makes it feel quite intimidating!

It certainly is tall...

Terror Tower's location makes the station visible from most of the right side of the park.

Mr. Campbell's Big Top has been renamed "The Circus". Very original

What's that I see poking out from the horizon?

FLIGHT OF THE FALCON! I love this ride, there really isn't anything else like a "flying" roller coaster.

Great view of FotF's last element!

Six Flags has also added a Panda Express Chinese restaurant next to Flight of the Falcon this year. This place is HUGE!

We can't forget you, Plummet! Still my favorite ride in the park...

I'll leave you with this. The park's skyline sure has changed, (but not as drastically as I hear it will soon...)

So what do you all think of the "new" Indiana Adventures?

See you soon!