TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

500' tall coasters.

Yankee cannonball

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I'd say that's just about the only possible way.

Physically, a park could build a traditional 500 footer. But it would cost so much that it'd just be cheaper to build an entire park from scratch.

Probably the only company that could afford to build such an attraction would be Disney. And they don't build massive thrill rides.

I don't see it happening anytime soon, it wouldn't be a good commercial decision for any park at the moment. A 500 foot drop would be easier if it was from an elevated point ie 300 foot one side and 500 foot over the edge for the drop, obviously Cedar Point couldn't do this, Magic Mountain, hmmm.

Kennywood have made excellent use of their terrain, love that 2nd drop on Phantom.

You could certainly make a big coaster much more efficient by having a shorter lift hil than the drop, I love that idea of dropping off into a ravine or something. Where Superman the Escape is at the moment would be a good place for this type of ride.

^ The plan was a 750ish foot fishhook coaster.

Meaning it would drop straight down the tower, and then pull out across the street. So yes the coaster would make quite a bit of noise that the locals could hear.

They were going to build it, but it got shot down.

Last I heard they were hoping to make a much smaller version. No idea though what the chances of that happening are.