TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kemah Boardwalk and Bullet Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it was only their second (not techincally, but Hades was such a newer design from CCI) ride and similar to Hades. BB shows their ability to design diverse rides and while I agree, Voyage speaks volumes, this just adds to the fact that they are premiere designers.

That and the Ravine Flyer 2 project...wow.

Rapto6...A few weeks ago I inquired this same question of Alain Vleminckx and he said testing should begin by the end of the month (June). I would be a bit surprised if they make it, but then miracles do happen. I wouldn't count on it opening before July 4th.

With the recent intense low pressure systems / intense thunderstorms occuring daily now... it will push back opening day for sure.

Just because it is raining in one part of Houston doesn't mean it is raining everywhere. The Clear Lake area (including Kemah) has gotten very little rain from this system. There have been a few passing showers but nothing major. I seriously doubt there has been much affect on the construction for the past week from rain.

True, Coasterphotos, I was in Pasadena, with a semi flat tire...I got to the gas station to put air in it and it was pouring. Once i got to kemah my clothes were soaked wet and it was bone dry out there. Testing at the end of the month?! Yeah right The TOP of the drop STILL HAS NO TRACK. This part was built 1-2 months ago.

SPent last friday with Michael Graham of the Gravity Group at Holiday World and to put into perspective how SMALL of a land plot this ride fits into, it would fit into the land occupied by Voyages station and last turnaround.

Which is insane.

somewhere in the week surrounding July 4th.

I think that might be a little optimistic, thats about 2 weeks away and I would guess they have at least 4 weeks worth of work to do. My best guess is the third or fourth week of July.

I know Kemah wanted it open for the 4th, but a lot of rain early this year slowed them down.

Its getting closer and closer.....

Kemah has every right to ask GG and M&V to keep information quiet...it is their ride. Why they don't want more details about it out...I don't know...but that is their decision.

Also, what more updates do you want? I've been taking photos weekly since November when the coaster was just stacks of wood!

Removing tarps from the trains for a peek would be nice.

prolly just PTC's, the only thing to look out for is the color, the logo is already on the site and IMO they'll use it on the front of the trains also. And why take the tarp off? it's more practical to just let it be and remove it once they put the trains on the actual track