TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kemah Boardwalk and Bullet Discussion Thread

Finally! What is it, almost six months after we first learned of the ride and its location? Unusual these days for the animation to remain under wraps for that long. Thanks a lot for Jakizle, for sharing that link.

I wonder if it's a Keith McVeen product. This is only a guess, but I think some of the banking will actually be more extreme than in the animation, almost 90 degrees in a couple of places. And I get the impression there will be no shortage of airtime, especially in the front.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone here seen the animation video? From it, this ride looks extremely good! The pacing appears to be pretty "crisp" and there looks to be plenty of airtime all over the place. To me, the ride looks like a much more agressive GCI.

Follow this link, click the Start button, and click on the dot in Texas to bring up the animation:

http://asap.ap.org/data/interactives/_entertainment/roll/

I don't believe anyone has linked to it here yet.

That thing never lets up!!

Has anyone here seen the animation video? From it, this ride looks extremely good! The pacing appears to be pretty "crisp" and there looks to be plenty of airtime all over the place. To me, the ride looks like a much more agressive GCI.

Follow this link, click the Start button, and click on the dot in Texas to bring up the animation:

http://asap.ap.org/data/interactives/_entertainment/roll/

I don't believe anyone has linked to it here yet.

I follow the link but only get an image of the final product. Any other suggesstions?

I wonder if it's a Keith McVeen product.

Good question. I'm not sure I'd put money on that though.

Looking at the other animations on the page, they all seem to have his signature style of other rides (in a pretty accurate depiction) in the background and buildings nearby that seem to go along with all the settings.

But, it seems as if the detail is just short of what I've seen Keith do. Usually you'd see much more movement in the background of other rides, people, etc... I also noticed that the Griffon vid had no chainlift. I don't think that Keith would leave something like that out. Who knows.

Then again, the detail may be lacking due to the limitations of using flash as opposed to mpeg. (Just a theory, as I have no clue if there are any real differences in using the two to display videos.)

I haven't talked to him or Joe since I met up with them in Fl. for Sheikra's public opening in 2005.

I follow the link but only get an image of the final product. Any other suggesstions?

Make sure you have the latest version of Flash.

Correct. But I did right click and PLAY and it took me to the map, and it worked.

The virtual ride was a lot of fun. I cant say that the first drop was intense, but its turn around design at the top gives an excellent rush leading up to it. Seems to be generous for airtime. I like the first covered tunnel on the "s" curve after the first drop. I wonder if they will follow through with that.

Then again, the detail may be lacking due to the limitations of using flash as opposed to mpeg. (Just a theory, as I have no clue if there are any real differences in using the two to display videos.)

There is no difference. An FLV (flash video) is just a Flash encoded version of the video. It's no different than a WMV or a MOV...it's just how it was encoded for the web.

I wonder if it's a Keith McVeen product.

Good question. I'm not sure I'd put money on that though.

Looking at the other animations on the page, they all seem to have his signature style of other rides (in a pretty accurate depiction) in the background and buildings nearby that seem to go along with all the settings.

But, it seems as if the detail is just short of what I've seen Keith do. Usually you'd see much more movement in the background of other rides, people, etc... I also noticed that the Griffon vid had no chainlift. I don't think that Keith would leave something like that out. Who knows.

I haven't talked to him or Joe since I met up with them in Fl. for Sheikra's public opening in 2005.

It's No Limits+ (Pro). GG used it for their Voyage animation as well.

Looks relentless, with some good turning pops of air too. Should be a good one (would you really expect anything less?).

For the record, I talked with people I know and Keith McVeen did not do the animation for the Boardwalk Bullet. On the coaster animation page the was listed earlier in this thread, the only one he did do was the one for Maverick.

Apparently, Keith is now working for Universal making the animations come to life in ride systems and themeing.

For the record, I talked with people I know and Keith McVeen did not do the animation for the Boardwalk Bullet. On the coaster animation page the was listed earlier in this thread, the only one he did do was the one for Maverick.

Apparently, Keith is now working for Universal making the animations come to life in ride systems and themeing.

Keith made the animations for Renegade and Mystery Mine too, atleast according to his website (http://www.3dvip.com/Portfolio/Portfolio2006.htm)

I spoke with Chad Miller (The Gravity Group) yesterday. He was mentioning how their website will have an update on Bullet in the near future. Says that Kemah Boardwalk is tight-lipped about any progress or announcements to keep building up anticipation for its debute. Still no word yet on grand opening day.

Glass half-full ??

Shaping Up Quite Nicely!!!

Its really been cool being able to watch this coaster go from 1 board to about 10000 boards!

Thanks again to everyone who's been posting pictures! I really enjoy looking at them and keeping up with them!

-Ryan

This week's update:

Decent weather continues here in the area so construction is still moving along pretty good.

Kemah-Construction-051207-9-TPR.jpg.bed7cb851e3cfe78c1f1c4f0acba80f6.jpg

Structure for the final section of the ride is going up.

Kemah-Construction-051207-8-TPR.jpg.553a890b9bda48f3283345c04b9e9d89.jpg

Construction on the station continues

Kemah-Construction-051207-5-TPR.jpg.bc6b87b640f47569b18b9d86d1e901d2.jpg

Sections of track at the base of the turnaround structure