TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Major transformation planned for SoCal attraction?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So they are building a DarKastle clone? Isn't the ride copyrighted?

Did you check out the link?

This is the company who made DarKastle.

The company (Falcon's Treehouse) was commissioned to master plan for extensive park updates.

The concept art looks amazing! Hopefully, once completed, the park will look that incredible!

It's one of the most popular wildlife parks in the world, and it's not like it's one of the world's smallest either. I doubt they'll actually build any rides, just re-theme a lot of the exhibits and the park in general. If the park turns out half as good as the concept drawings, I may have to take a visit there sooner then I was expecting.

I really don't see the park going through the renovation without adding rides, it needs something to remain competitive especially since Sea World might be adding a new coaster in 2010. It just isn't financially wise to not add rides.

Sea World charges $57 for a one day Adult admission. The Wild Animal park is only $28.50 (or $33 to include the Journey into Africa tour, and the Conservation Carousel) and $59 gets you a day at the San Diego Zoo and the San Diego Wild life park. They're not exactly the same type of beasts. Even if Sea World does get a new coaster or any ride, it can only really help the Zoo as many will make it a long weekend and go to all three.

Keep in mind not everyone just cares about what rides a zoo has. How else does Topeka manage to have a zoo and not a theme park?

I just can't think of anything else that could go in those buildings besides maybe a dark ride. The park could use a good water ride with how hot it gets in the San Pasqual Valley. Falcons Treehouse does manufacture a "Flying Theater" though, they could maybe do their own version of Soarin.

Face it, we all want to see the Wild Animal park gets some rides but I highly doubt that they will. I haven't been to this park in quite some time but it is nice to see that they are trying to improve on it since it was outdated back when I went there last.

I do agree with Hector about Sea World and the Zoo and Wild Animal Park not really attracting the same crowd. It would make sense to do all three and maybe even skip Sea World because it's not like they don't have 3 others.

If they do get a ride it will be an antique car ride that goes around where the monorail used to go...that way the general public can try and out run a real life lion or tiger.

I wish they'd put in a terrain coaster there. They could use the old WGASA station for loading, and before the lift have it follow the terrain to the bottom of the hill, then have run around through the lagoon area, and around the parking lot then around Nairobi village.

I just can't think of anything else that could go in those buildings besides maybe a dark ride.

Animals?

If they do get a ride it will be an antique car ride that goes around where the monorail used to go...that way the general public can try and out run a real life lion or tiger.

Like Juarassic park with more cudly creatures to eat your face off.

• 4 weeks later...

Now I work at the park.

Here's the scoop on the renovation.

1. This is a twenty year master plan of the remake of the WAP.

2. The park will evntually be divided into three different areas: Africa, Asia and The Americas.

3. You will enter these massive lands through three different "Portals"

4. More rides are coming!

5. The park will become more accessible. (The Great Rift Lift, a unique elevator/observation tower-thingy opens during the festival of lights, connecting the upper half and the lower half of the park without the long walk up the hill.)

6. The park will still be very educationally focused.

7. A hotel is possibly in the works.

8. The current parking lot will eventually become part of the park. With a new lot being built across the street.

Remember, don't expect to see this happen tomorrow!

^ No, this remodel has been in the works since '05.

I just wish they would utilize the terrain for a coaster.

The one concerning thing is that the park has had a serious drop in attendance since the fires. Apparantly some people think the park is gone and this simply isn't true. 600 acres of the park burned, but only one structure was lost.

Two animals died. But it could've been alot worse.