TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: The Hoffman Girl's Dad goes to Japan with TPR

gisco

On the last day our flights out of Tokyo were not until around 6 that night so we had a free day. Some went coaster whoring but a few of us were coastered out. What to do. I had heard that there was a Statue of Godzilla some where in the Ginza area of Tokyo. So a small group of us set out to find Godzilla after breakfast. The Ginza was only a stop away on the train and we started searching. We knew this statue had to be huge because the Japanese loved him so much. We spotted a policeman and asked him for directions. It was pretty funny when the policeman didn’t appear at first to understand what we were asking then one of the guys in the group holds up his hands in claw like fashion and growls “Godzilla” He got the message and gave us a map. When we got to the spot on the map, we were all looking for this really big statue. When we spotted him we started busting up laughing. I don’t think they will let me live this one done

1349155954_JapanII895MediumWebview.jpg.0a8a8a77c4df1d571cef41c29f4cf3e7.jpg

So ends another great TPR trip. Thank you Robb & Elissa.

298966099_JapanII889MediumWebview.jpg.643d7f7aae925873efac5666f40fb6cf.jpg

... not very big.

1910927987_JapanII887MediumWebview.jpg.ff61daf4a4011482fecdcbde6b997b4a.jpg

... is ...

1861159420_JapanII891MediumWebview.jpg.39928690429f56601408f4a532eecb34.jpg

We have spotted Godzilla and he is .....

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Godzilla trek is like... one of my favourites memories. Ever. So funny. Chris is like "Oh my God I see it!!!!" and we're all going "Where, where?!?!" looking up into the sky.... "Oh. There." Freaking hysterical.

Other random thoughts: I do NOT remember you taking that picture of me on the train! Was I actually asleep that time, or just resting my eyes?! So many pictures have been taken of me sleeping this summer, it frightens me!

Mark, your avatar is all kinds of awesome, just for the associations.

To whomever was asking about the "best flat ride ever" at Hamanako Pal Pal, I think Robb or somebody described it as "Paratrooper meets Enterprise", which is pretty accurate. I don't know what model it is, but I know it's manufactured by Togo, and I think Expoland might have one too from what I hear.

Bob, thanks for finishing the report, was great to see all your pictures! I've actually tried twice this week to motivate myself to post some photos but I just can't do it, I'm way too lazy. I have much respect for somebody actually finishing one of these things! I can't say enough how many good memories I have from this trip.

Thanks for posting all the pics Bob. It is great to see everyone elses pictures from the trip, I get tired of looking at mine over and over again.

That was such a great trip, too bad it is over, well at least I have Europe to look forward to.

Shane

I believe the Togo ride model name is "Windstorm". I've searched the web and can't find anything about it however. The only other one I've ever seen was at Expoland on this same trip. The one at Pal Pal seemed a bit more vicious.

Oh and thanks for the complement Lou. Ian does rock! "Let me put you in the picture, let me show you what I mean...."

I believe the Togo ride model name is "Windstorm". I've searched the web and can't find anything about it however. The only other one I've ever seen was at Expoland on this same trip. The one at Pal Pal seemed a bit more vicious.
With Japanese naming of rides I would guess that it's called "Wild Storm", because that's what it's called at Expoland, and Mt. Ikoma Amusement park (haven't been able to find the name at PalPal). And I can't find anything about it either, I even tried to Google it in Japanese, but still come up with nothing.

Maybe Shane's attic might have some Togo folders with info.....

Picture of Wild Storm at Mt. Ikoma Amusement park (about 1/3 down)

Nice to see some pictures of Godzilla though, I heard stories about you getting there, but didn't see many pictures.

Adam and I totally stumbled upon the Godzilla statue while looking for food...it was like it just appeared out of nowhere (fittingly), and we were like "There it is!" It's humorous how tiny it is. That was such a random day walking around Tokyo as we stumbled upon the Intamin half pipe on the roof of the building as well. Sorry you missed Godzilla Barry! But on the bright side, that just gives you another reason to return to Japan.

Oh and Wonder Rakutenchi has a Godzilla arcade game. I have pics of Elissa playing it to prove it too!