TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark 2008 - 'Lost meets the Maverick thread'

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I didn't.. I had fun with it all. I think Hershey/Nantimi went above and beyond with the interaction and puzzle solving that they did. I think it's a great way to build up hype and treat the coaster community.

Agreed. It was fun solving the puzzles, even if it did result in some late nights. I am fully convinced that Nantimi is Hershey, too.

I'm just saying, given the lack of a proper trailhead tying this thing to Hershey, and the implausibility of building a coaster that, to the GP at least, looks so much like Storm Runner, I'd be really suprised if what you get at 11:11 is anything other than a big "HA HA FOOLED YOU".

I'm just saying, given the lack of a proper trailhead tying this thing to Hershey, and the implausibility of building a coaster that, to the GP at least, looks so much like Storm Runner, I'd be really suprised if what you get at 11:11 is anything other than a big "HA HA FOOLED YOU".

I agree about the looking like Storm Runner thing, but I don't think Hershey would do that. It seems like they put a lot of effort into this and can you imagine the backlash it would cause if they didn't put in a coaster?

I agree about the looking like Storm Runner thing, but I don't think Hershey would do that. It seems like they put a lot of effort into this and can you imagine the backlash it would cause if they didn't put in a coaster?

You missed my point. All the legitimate promotional Alternate Reality Games had a trailhead that gave them legitimacy: The Beast (the original ARG) was started with a fake name on the AI movie poster, I Love Bees was started with a URL in the Halo 2 trailer, Vanishing Point was started by an ad on an official Microsoft blog, Year Zero was started with hidden links on a Nine Inch Nails web page, etc. If this was really Hershey, there would've been a connection from an official page or ad to Nantimi.

I think this is some guy in Pennsylvania who is having some fun at your expense.