TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark 2008 - 'Lost meets the Maverick thread'

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see them squeezing in a hyper, It would be a great addition to what they already have and something different as well. They need a good long steel coaster. Whats the longest steel coater there trailblazer or does the lift times on sidewinder make it the longest? They need something to add onto the good short steel coasters they already have in place. I have never done the dive machines yet and form what I hear its a one trick pony.

was there on monday and it says 10 months from this point

but thats July 2008?

I cant see them opening something new that late in the year

they have always opened new rides opening weekend-Great Bear,Storm Runner,Lightning Racer

That sign has been up since mid August. I believe the new ride will most likely open the second week of June or so.

I wrote to the "Found You" address with this: "Is this an Alternate Reality Game?

It seems to be.

Who is Mr. Hypershaker? Does this refer to the coaster Hersheypark is building? Does this mean it's a giga? "Hypershaker" seems to indicate it. Nantimi is an anagram of "Intamin", "Wbe Seitycur Deveerlop" is "Web Security Developer", and WHY are the quotes titled "Things are not always what thy seem, Mr. Hypershaker."? You did a poor job of hiding the link on your portfolio page; which brings me to ask why some letters are a different color. Please respond."

EDIT: They replied. I quote: "Thank you for your interest in joining the staff at Nantimi. Someone from our staff will contact you shortly." WTF?

While it's been suggested that this is a fake website/company set-up by someone trying to have some fun online, is it possible that this was actually set-up by Hershey themselves? Possibly as some sort of mysterious, interactive marketing campaign and tie-in to the new ride?

Maybe this will be some sort of "secret agent"-themed coaster, like you're on a mission for the government to keep Hershey's recipe secret. Or something.

Here's my thinking. The XI in the e-mail address (XI@nantimi.com) on the site is 11 in Roman Numerals. Plus, there are 11 i's in that hidden url, http://www.nantimi.com/iiiiiiiiiii.html

Which, to me, implies that this will be their 11th coaster and it will have 11 inversions.

At the same time, I think that seems a bit much for Hersheypark. I always considered it more of a family park, and I can't imagine them geared on having that kind of record-breaker. Plus, the entire Nantimi website seems to have clues that are waaaaay too obvious, such as Nantimi being an anagram for Intamin. I mean, it wasn't exactly an unbreakable government code.

Does anyone think it's possible that maybe B&M might be the ACTUAL builders of the coaster (especially since they have that 2-coaster deal with the park), and they're the real ones behind the website? Maybe they're just trying to throw us off, you know, REALLY elaborately? It fits into the "Thing are not what they seem" message.

Either way, whoever is behind that website is genius. I think they've more than met their goal of getting us all completely confused.

I doubt it considering they have 3 GCI woodies and a classic woodie. This will probably be a steel coaster.

Well, you never know. Would you have predicted Lightning Racer, considering that Hershey already had two wood coasters, one of them GCI? I wouldn't have.

It's true that a lot of big coaster parks have sort of stood pat with two woodies for a while now, but I think the new Intamin technology sort of gives them an excuse for a new one if the owners and/or CEO's are wooden coaster fans already.

Not that I think this new ride will be an Intamin woodie, necessarily. But I wouldn't reject the notion out of hand.

Electerik

Rationalizer of Redundancy

^

You know how some coasters have two lifts? Maybe this will have eleven...

Funniest thing I have heard all day. Eleven inversions is FAR more likely than eleven lift hills. And if it did have eleven lift hills, it better be the world's longest coaster, or it would be one of the worst rides in the history of the unvirse. I could get more excitement on a sled moving on flat ground than on an eleven lift hill coaster.

Where's everyone come up with the whole "coaster deal" ideas?! New ride types aside (like.. Sheikra and Griffon.. and Universal with RoboCoasters.) I dont think that Hershey has any sort of deal with B&M since it's been 10 years since their last installation at Hershey! That'd be one hell of a loose contract!

Im completely lost with the whole Nantimi thing though! I had no idea how elaborate the website was getting!

Before I post this thought, I want to clarify that I DON'T KNOW ANY FACTS about any of these "deals" that parks might or might not make with manufacturers, but since it's such a common rumor, I'll give my thought:

If HP does indeed have some sort of deal with B&M, maybe it's not so much that B&M has to build a second coaster within a given time-frame, or that B&M had to come-up with some sort of new technology or anything, maybe it just means that HP will receive some sort of discounted price on any new ride built. Could be as simple as that.

Again, that is only speculation.

I can see something like that if there's plans for a second installation within a few years of each other. Who knows. I was just wondering if anyone had anything solid on some kind of deal that doesn't involve coaster forum talk!

Anyways back on topic:

Personally I hope we see some Intamin track on site soon! Has anyone been up there lately and checked it out?

Eric