TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite Morgan hyper

What's your favorite Morgan hyper?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite Morgan hyper?

• Mamba
    • Steel Force
    • Steel Eel
    • Wild Thing
    • Steel Dragon 2000
    • Superman el Ultimo Escape
    • Phantom's Revenge

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rank the ones I've been on as follows:

Steel Dragon 2000 (old trains) - I loved my rides on it with the old bathtub trains, but felt it was kind of "meh" with the new B&M trains. The B&M trains felt a bit rougher, the restraints were a lot tighter, and I didn't notice any airtime on the hills. With the old trains I thought the turns seemed crazy fast, and there was lots of airtime on the return run. Maybe it was just the time of day, my imagination, or some unrelated variable, but I suspect it was due to the tighter restraints or decreased weight in the trains.

Steel Eel - Tons of floaty airtime and a fun ride. Nearly a tie between this and Phantom's Revenge, but I like Eel's more floaty air.

Phantom's Revenge - Definitely their most unusual layout and some great airtime.

Steel Dragon 2000 (new trains) - See above, still a fun ride, but for whatever reason not as impressive to me as before.

Steel Force - Solid ride, some good airtime.

Wild Thing - Fun, but not much airtime

Looking forward to Superman and maybe Mamba next year.

Phantom's Revenge takes it for me. The ride may be fairly short for a hyper, but it's a rush from start to finish and you can't beat that ravine drop.

The only other hyper that I've been on is Steel Force, and it's my least favorite hyper. It's a fun ride, but the air-time isn't that wild compared to others I've been on.

• 2 years later...

I've ridden Wild Thing and Mamba, and I slightly prefer the latter. Mamba has a more forceful turnaround helix as well as some stronger airtime on the return run, though both are good rides. They're nothing to write home about but plenty of fun.