TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Richard Rodriguez's next Roller Coaster Endurance Record

Depending on the coaster, I think I could do it. Assuming that Boomerang is actually a Vekoma Boomerang, I think I'd pass. If it was on something like Raging Bull or something though? I'd give it a run for it. I'm not sure how well I'd sleep on a coaster though.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, it all starts to mess with you after a while. I read that on one of Rodriguez's marathons on EGF the ride actually started rattling his teeth loose. The human body did not evolve to be on coasters for weeks on end.

I wouldn't attempt anything like this, and wouldn't want to either. I'd say the title "King of Roller Coasters" more properly belongs to a designer, say Werner Stengel.

I'll try it on "Goliath" at Walibi World, trying to sleep on the coaster is a different matter with a huge filled hill and the 3 camel-humps.

"Air" at AT could be an option to have a go, it is smooth, not fast and a flying coaster, perfect position to fall asleep in.

Riding the PMBO for such a long time will be a challenge cos it's an "arrow".

I'll rather ride PMBO and the Big Dipper than any Vekoma Boomerang.

Does anyone know why he has to change to a different coaster for night riding?

And to answer your question - No, I wouldn't do it for over 9 days. Something like the Colossus backwards ride-a-thon might be fun, where you ride until everyone gradually drops out. But those only last, like, a day or so. Not 9 days!

-Julie

Does anyone know why he has to change to a different coaster for night riding?

I'll give you my guesses. I would imagine the the Pleasure Beach prefers that he ride the Big One during the day to promote the ride. But the Big One doesn't have much padding and being so tall the weather is quite raw on it. Also, the trim brake noise on the Big One would surely be disruptive to guests at the Big Blue Hotel at night. Apparently on the Big Dipper they built a cover for his seat on the Big Dipper for night riding. I was at the park last week during my England trip and they were working on a Big Dipper train for the marathon and we saw pillows and even a coffee machine setup in the station.

Because the Pleasure Beach have a night time ban on the PMBO due to environmental factors - eg: There are a lot of guest houses/ homes nearby (people need to sleep). This is enforced from something like eleven thirty at night time until nine thirty in the morning (not so sure on exact times, but it is something like that).

Also I guess he just pees on the break time he gets. Part of the rules are that he can accumulate five minutes break from riding for every hour that he rides. He is allowed to save these up if he wishes - say he rides 10 hours, he can have a full 50 min break all at once, which I suppose is good for his sanity.

Hope this answers your questions.