post here what you think the best six flags park is for :

1.price

2.atmosphere

3.rollercoasters

4.flats

5.kiddie rides

6.activities around the area

also, put any other parks that have all of the above

1. None. Some parks are cheaper (Great Escape) but you get less value.

2. SFOG

3. SFGAdv, runner up SFMM

6. SFMM (hard to beat SoCal for stuff to do)

Price: Dunno, I haven't been to many, and I barely ever buy food when I go to a park anyway.

Atmosphere: Six Flags over Georgia or Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, I've never been to either park, but they both have amazing scenary.

Rollercoasters: Six Flags Great Adventure. Its hard to beat a park with 4 B&Ms and an Intamin prefab.

Flat Rides: I really want to say Six Flags New England, but I'm not really familar with the flat ride selections at the parks I haven't been too. Still, SFNE has a pretty good selection, with two rides that can't be found anywhere else in the US

Kiddie Rides: Again, I want to say SFNE, but I'm completly in the dark as to what other Six Flags parks have in the way of kiddie stuff

Activities around the Area: Magic Mountain or Great Adventure. Both are not far from major cities that have lots to do in them. But, thinking deeper into it, there isn't much around NYC, but there is alot around LA, so SFMM wins.

1. Well I have a season pass, but SFSTL and SFKK were both cheap(for SF), and they were both worth admission

2. SFSTL has a great atmosphere, and its heavily wooded location, plus all of the random theming around makes it a great park.

3. SFGADV easily, and with an amazing wooden coaster, 3 great B&Ms(1 not so good one), the world's tallest coaster, a twin LIM coaster, and three family coasters, SFGADV is hard to beat.

4. SFGADV has the best, but SFGAM comes in second, and SFSTL a close third.

5. Easily SFGAM with its three kiddie lands, but most of the rides are family friendly.

6. SFGAM just because of its close proximity to Chicago,(I would have said SFGADV, but New York sucks) and there is so much to do such as Lincoln Park zoo, Brookfield Zoo, Chicago lake front, and plenty of pro sports teams.

Just to let you know, this pretty much chooses where we end up in America... You can include others outside the SF ring, we just need a place that's fairly interesting or near interesting places and a theme park!!!

If this holiday does happen, I hope many of you will join us!

Unless the person has been to all Six Flag parks there is no reference point. So this this topic is pointless. Most people will pick a park that is close to them. So a list of their top parks is meaningless.

Now if the topic had been "Tell me your Favorite Six Flags park and why" would have produced a more useful thread.

I don't think so at all. I actually really like this topic. Just because someone has not been to every SF park does not mean that there is no point to this topic. Its not like people have no idea what the other parks are like, and who cares if someone picks one close to them. It is just preference.

It just comes down to personal opinions... We came here so we could see which ones everyone likes... It'll sort out where our holiday is, but it's kinda fun going somewhere you barely know about, especially when there could be some crazy @$$ people there *glances at everyones general direction*

In the US Six Flags New England, Six Flags Great Adventure, Dorney Park, and Six Flags Magic Mountain have hypercoasters as well as normal floorless coasters. In addition, Busch Gardens Euroburg has a hypercoaster and a floorless dive machine. SFNE, SFGAdv, and Dorney all are within about a five hour radius from each other, and that area also has Hersheypark and Lake Compounce.

I'm assuming this will be your first and possibly only trip to the US, right? If so, I'm thinking you should do Cedar Point and Geuaga Lake. Cedar Point is self explanatory, and if you really want to ride a floorless, Geuaga has a floorless that looks like one of the best out there. And from there, Kennywood, King's Island, Holiday World, and Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom wouldn't be too far away as far as I know.

EDIT: Eh, maybe not. Kennywood and King's Island are both a good 150 miles from CP, and Holiday World and SFKK are nowhere near CP.

None of them.

In the US Six Flags New England, Six Flags Great Adventure, Dorney Park, and Six Flags Magic Mountain have hypercoasters as well as traditional floorless coasters.

I'm curious, when did FLOORLESS COASTERS become traditional? It seems rather odd for a design that's been present for less than a decade. I am pretty sure I know what you're saying here, but I just think it sounds odd.

Btw Six Flags is for barbars.

None of them.

In the US Six Flags New England, Six Flags Great Adventure, Dorney Park, and Six Flags Magic Mountain have hypercoasters as well as traditional floorless coasters.

I'm curious, when did FLOORLESS COASTERS become traditional? It seems rather odd for a design that's been present for less than a decade. I am pretty sure I know what you're saying here, but I just think it sounds odd.

As in, traditional opposed to the newer Floorless Dive Machines. Sorry if that came across as odd.

None of them.

As in, traditional opposed to the newer Floorless Dive Machines. Sorry if that came across as odd.

I knew what you meant, it just seems odd. But I guess it's difficult to find a good phrase to describe it. Carry on!

Even though I've only been to 2 SFs (Georgia and GrAdv), I have to get my 2 cents in anyway.

1. They're all expensive- including parking and food.

2. couldn't really say since I've only been to 2, but I like SFOG. Lots of trees, and nice theming.

3. Today I would say GrAdv- Ka, El Toro, Nitro, Medusa, Superman. Texas and Georgia's also look pretty good.

4. Gotta have a Ferris wheel and a drop ride- I know there's a big Ferris wheel at GrAdv.

5. Don't have kids, am not a kid, don't care

6. Personal opinion- depends on what you like. I would say Great Adventure cause it's close to my favorite vacation spot, the Jersey Shore/Atlantic City. I like to do a park and then a beach.

If I was gonna recommend a place to someone from the UK wanting to visit the US, I'd recommend Southern California. Thus, SFMM if you want to ride a floorless and a mega coaster (as well as a bunch of others). SoCal is great as a vacation destination, there is so much to do there.

I don't think so at all. I actually really like this topic. Just because someone has not been to every SF park does not mean that there is no point to this topic. Its not like people have no idea what the other parks are like, and who cares if someone picks one close to them. It is just preference.

post here what you think the best six flags park is for :

1.price

2.atmosphere

3.rollercoasters

4.flats

5.kiddie rides

6.activities around the area

also, put any other parks that have all of the above

Did you bother to read my whole post or the original post? The topic is "Six Flags, Which one". With out explanation this does not make sense. How can you say which has the best price or what has the best rollercoasters unless you have been to them all.

For me I would say SFMM for all of them. Now does this help in any way? NO, because I haven't told you why SFMM. It's my preference It provided no useful information on which SF park to visit.

All I'm saying is a better topic would have been "Which Six Flag Park do you like and Why"

gisco: thanks for your input, but we want peoples opinions. If you don't like the topic, please leave. You're not being held at gun-point to read this thread.

To those who helped: Thanks for your input so far! Please continue helping us. Any other information you can think of will be appreciated (ie cost of Q-Bots and the like). We'll tell you which park and area has been selected asap. I hope anyone in the local area can join us (if not, pop by to say 'hi')!

Many thanks,

Ice ** CAN'T WAIT!!! ** Dragon