TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

4th July / ID4 Celebrations

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't gained my independence from housework... darn laundry!

Just had a huge downpour before I was heading to the gym... guess I'm pulling out the bowflex for a smaller workout. My roommate is BBQing on the patio, he's glad he had an awning installed else he would have been drenched when that rain came down!

Terry

^Is there mention of American Independence Day in England? I've always assumed that it would be a slightly sore subject.

Contrary to what the US media thinks, the world doesn not revolve around USA.

I highly doubt that England is still sore about America gaining independance. Just like they are not sore about Canada being it's own country.

England hasn't been in control of North America for hundreds of years.

All I asked was "what is everyone doing for the 4th July and have a good time, if your going to a Park can you post some pic's of the fireworks etc".

I did not say anything about England being sore from America gaining independance. That's history and forgotten about on our side of the Atlantic.

I love the USA better than England, you have better customer service, cheaper items and everyone is happy to go out their way to make sure your happy.

Over in England: everyone is rushing around, getting stressed and it's been rainning for over a week when it should be our summer. I'll rather live near CP than being stuck in England anytime.

Have a wonderful day everyone whatever your doing...

^Is there mention of American Independence Day in England? I've always assumed that it would be a slightly sore subject.

We've pretty much only just started celebrating halloween to the American standard (ie lots and lots of decorations, scare walks, spooky music etc), We might be making a wooden frame with plastic bags stretched over them...

The closest we have to Independance Day is Bonfire Night...

Once again, I'm gonna be one of those people that finds a reason to celebrate continuously

I had to work this morning.

And I have to get up early tomorrow to work, so we can't even go watch the fireworks. This is like the third year in a row this has happened

Plus I just ate at work, and it's too hot to freaking BBQ (it's like 105F here).

So I'm indoors, with central AC and a beer... that'll have to do.

I love the USA better than England, you have better customer service, cheaper items and everyone is happy to go out their way to make sure your happy.

Which USA are you speaking of? Because I'm not familiar with the one you just mentioned.

When I visited the US for my 3 week holiday, everyone I spoke to at CP, KI, Motel 6 receptions, Bars and clubs etc they were so happy and friendly towards me.

Some said " We love your accent it's so cool" and I even got asked if I owned a "club" I visited by some people.

^We might be nice to tourists... sometimes... but the kindness really stops there. Chances are that they just wanted to hear your awesome accent. British accents are the weakness of every American.

I remain firmly convinced that Urbandale, Iowa has one of the best non-musical 4th of July fireworks shows in existance.

They go on and on and on forever. The finale alone is longer than a lot of other fireworks shows.

And you are really, really close to the action. They completely fill the sky and you can feel the vibrations.

4th of July 07 055.mpg

I know, I'm an idiot for turning the camera sideways.

This is the end of the finale. You can hear the cheering at the end.

4th of July 07 054.mpg

It's slow at first, but then the finale starts.