TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PTR/UPDATE: Elitch Gardens

Over the past month I have been going to Elitch Gardens quite a bit.

I must say, there are some things that I've noticed that are good, and some that aren't so good about the park changing management. One major change is security. Security is now everywhere around the park, with roving security guards and new security cameras in place.

Another is cleanliness. The park this year is much much cleaner than past years. I walked into the bathroom yesterday and was like, "WHOH! I might actually be able to go to the bathroom and not get crabs!" Even though still, I would never use a toilet at any park if possible.

There's quite a bit different with this park besides the signs, the only way to truly see it would be to go visit the park. But who would want to do that?

On to the photos:

vandalizingsign.jpg.002f8363e7036418ece27b9c9af42c1c.jpg

"JENN! Go vandalize the park, NOW!"

$50 is like, 3 days worth of parking!

ripqurl.jpg.dadfdb0e13c51e0a54f29230c2e390a1.jpg

The new water slide, RipQurl is coming along, but still has a bit of work to be done.

chaosnoflip.jpg.b5b2b8fcd853738b9e8cd86e86701a25.jpg

Now you don't even flip much anymore. I still prefer the older version better.

chaos.jpg.83ec5839beb98cda752f4b3237c7884a.jpg

Also making a return for the 2007 season, Chaos. Now with ultra-suckage action!

elitcharena.jpg.410474df6e38c2728539e4629f4cbf4e.jpg

Elitch Arena is where the new X-City BMX show is. I have yet to see it, from what I hear though, its a lot going on at once and very hard to focus on one anything.

halfpipewhoosh.jpg.dda8b052775f6e96ff156dee59f8b99e.jpg

It seems to go quite fast when your only standing 3 feet away from it.

halfpipepouder.jpg.716d01c2400daebb03b1bbf686b8885a.jpg

Halfpipe is still running well.

hollywoodandvine.jpg.3ff86bd9015a50e142f3b4585034d969.jpg

Hollywood & Vine needs to be changed to Lincoln & Olympic.

huss62km.jpg.1dfaf94744d10994a524af5d099fa4b6.jpg

So Shake, Rattle, and Roll is now 203,412.073 feet long.

minderaserflip.jpg.4e549ef5f5190fada2fde8f8c79d4c31.jpg

...one day it will be like "Oh, I'll be nice!" and the next be "Okay, I'll be a bitch today!". Majority of the time its a bitch.

minderaserlift.jpg.46072c59a30a5395819f003e640842ec.jpg

This ride is very bipolar...

sidewinderjenn.jpg.3f0da51eafcca0164f981d31d9b80092.jpg

Everyone loves Sidewinder...even Jenn...

sidewinderloop.jpg.95f5df819ce6a02a3b2d8dc4378dfe48.jpg

Never before seen shot of Sidewinder from Spider! Oh I got de skillz

sidewinderunderloop.jpg.883dab4dd1ec72a7dc77489fa6a6b1c2.jpg

One of the few places you can still sit under a vertical loop and have a camera dropped on you.

rainbow.jpg.9048d2d1f6e7ef89f0e10f04e92a2005.jpg

I think Rainbow will open later today...

stationboomerang.jpg.5c14132a8c7ca626e8112df1d7fac0e1.jpg

Call me crazy, but Boomerang is very smooth this season. Dare I say smoothest I've ridden?

rctboomerang.jpg.8e52f6825408f719e7e53b63f9d98513.jpg

The new fence around Boomerang looks very RCT-ish.

rawrboomerang.jpg.fb4379c0e907dbeddb2c201cd0ba2b60.jpg

RAWR! I have claws, yes, I do, rawr.

platapusboomerang.jpg.4838c8eae55d3edae9eb9a15290e458d.jpg

Boomerang threw a platypus!

towerofbitch.jpg.afc8e2cf0b36bcc479c681e3f42eee2a.jpg

This is probably the ONLY photo and only time I have ever see the tower running all three sides. Recently only one side has been running, or its been closed all day. Tower of Bitch.

whores1.jpg.5c9992de1f503886d16cc4f5d7c94a30.jpg

These whores love to damage the youth of America.

goatslair.jpg.a8fb4844590bafd4b1ab7deffda57ed3.jpg

This is where goats come up with evil plans to eat penguins, BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

twisterdrop.jpg.3878348ec496d454a80d0a600cffffe0.jpg

But don't get me wrong, its still a good ride.

trim1pov.jpg.a1d714b996381c18520a98c3f45fac6f.jpg

TRIM POV!!!

twistertrims1.jpg.7a088100446258ee80a1e3f9e303a884.jpg

And another set of trims over here. The ride really is not that great any more. No more airtime, barely any G's. *sigh*

trimsnew2.jpg.db3055bcec828efec7f3096a6d610b12.jpg

New for the 2007 season, NEW TRIMS ON TWISTER! BOO!

twisternewlogo.jpg.a5febd8a9bf0d03b10d89bd744404556.jpg

Even Twister's trains got slapped silly with new logos.

newlogosign1.jpg.2181446b0dfe9a860b240e63718c12eb.jpg

The new logo is everywhere around the park. Even the sign says 'Thank You' for changing.

camera1.jpg.87f1a76835a5e6ade16307fde6a7968d.jpg

See, cameras....lets flash it....

obstower.jpg.cef43d541af0ec242d707c1ff026e118.jpg

"Hello, Im the Obs Tower. I eat babies up here. Yes, Im always closed, leave me alone!!!"

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay for Elitch's trip report. I might be going there when I'm in Denver later this year. It really sucks that they added trim brakes to Twister 2. I really liked the out of control feeling that it gave. I agree with you, their Boomerang is definitely smoother than most other Boomerangs. Mind Eraser, eh not so much. One time when I was there Mind Eraser was shut down because people were getting head injuries on it. No surprise there. The new addition to the water park should be nice.

What else have they done since it is no longer a Six Flags?

Thanks for the update Taylor, at least Boomerang was running. That and the kiddie coaster are the only two credits I missed out on!

And yes, everybody loves Sidewinder. Twister II will always be a mediocre woodie, even with trims, though I applaud the smoothness.

Twister II will always be a mediocre woodie, even with trims, though I applaud the smoothness.

Smooth...my a$$.

What else have they done since it is no longer a Six Flags?

I've notice more flower beds pop up around the park. There really isn't much at all different with the rides. Not to much different with employees. The only major differences are the signs around the park and everything posted above.

OoOoOoooo Your chaos looks way better than the one we used to have at SFNE.

Really now? I would of said yours' looks better! The grass is always greener on the other side of the country...

I was using this video:

I enjoyed Gwazi when I rode it! Yes it was not very smooth, but still I would prefer to ride Gwazi over Twister any day. Maybe because I'm a sucker for GCI's. =P Gwazi does have some air, unlike Twister's one pop of air now with both trims.

Now you don't even flip much anymore. I still prefer the older version better.

So what, they slowed it so it does not break an axle and go rolling down the midway?

Nice to hear people complain about other park management besides SFI.

^ Or they could of put more research into the design of the ride and re-support or redesign the 'arm'. So this way it would keep the same thrill factor, but be much safer.

- Taylor "surprised no one has said anything yet about girls making out" Radford

But when two guys make out the whole world going to hell! Haha! The boy showed up yesterday, to bad I couldn't get a picture of us together. Im still trying to get him onto Halfpipe.

-Taylor "Having a BF that's afraid of heights sucks" Radford

WHY DO THEY NEED TRIMS!!! What was wrong with it before?!?!?!

From what I heard, it was because of the final break run. The final break run, the train came on very fast, and the slam of it breaks was extremely uncomfortable.

IMGP0181size.jpg.10af2b67e9d2cb82993850027995bfa7.jpg

This is not a lot of room to slow a train down from 30mph to 0mph.

Was just at Elitchs 2 weeks ago....and first things first...even with the trims...you still come slamming into the station on Twister II. It is, altogether a good coaster, but nowhere near what the original Mister Twister was. Everything was looking great at the park the day I went(thursday before memorial day), clean everywhere, good to see the chaos back.....but, every single game booth was closed....not that there needs to be game booths at any park....but, why have the building if its unoccupied....made the park look like it wasn't able to financially support full operations.....

Hola everyone. My name is Jerome. I've been coming to TPR forever but I never really signed up for an account until now. This should be my third summer at Elitch's this year, provided I can do my lifeguard training this week which they have been holding up on. (I actually literally live across the street from the park too!)

Anyways, enough about me. Those trim brakes on Twister II were added just a little over a year ago. Elitch's never received that much attention so maybe that's why people are just now noticing. Remember last year when they retracked Twister and repainted the S-curve? That's when they added the trim brakes. Originally they didn't use them but I remember my supervisor Nate telling me that the train was completing the circuit too quickly so they had to slow it down some.

If anyone from here is ever at Elitch's, let me know! I'm a theme park enthusiast so it can get kind of annoying when you are around other people. (We went to go see Knocked Up the other day and it starts off with scene's from Knott's Xcelerator and Silver Bullet and I screamed and the whole theatre was like "Is that kid on crack?")

Thanks for the report. I haven't been yet, and was curious about how the park has changed. I really hope the halloween event is still good because that is pretty much the only time I like to go. These days I'd rather go to waterworld.

This should be my third summer at Elitch's this year, provided I can do my lifeguard training this week which they have been holding up on.

trim brakes on Twister II were added just a little over a year ago. Elitch's never received that much attention so maybe that's why people are just now noticing. Remember last year when they retracked Twister and repainted the S-curve? That's when they added the trim brakes. Originally they didn't use them but I remember my supervisor Nate telling me that the train was completing the circuit too quickly so they had to slow it down some.

2 things:

1.) Is this why only the wave pool, children's area, and tube slides are open at Island Kingdom? Because lifeguards aren't trained yet?

2.) The trims on the 2nd drop yes, but the trims before the tunnel were not there last year. And yes, I do remember something about slowing the trains down too. Which side of the park do you work on?