TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hershey Hawaii [RCT3]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update

Year 48

It's a new year at Hershey Hawaii and so far it's off to a great start!

Grande Bay Tours has proven to be a hit!

It might be a short trip but the on-board narration is great!

The park needed another family ride.

The skyline continues to grow, but apparently its about to REALLY grow within the next few years.

FlyUira is a hit with the guests so maybe the park will stay low to the ground with future installations.

I returned later that night for the park's new Midnight Mania event for season passholders.

The park wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be, but it wasn't empty by any means.

I decided to grab a late-night meal at the cool Rainforest Cafe.

Always leaving two pounds heavier!

This has to be THE least-known ride at the park.

More soon.

Update

Year 48

Year 48 is underway and it's looking better than ever!

Attendance levels are up from previous years possibly due to the hype created around the park's upcoming 50-year anniversary bash.

It looks like these next few seasons really are going to be the park's golden years.

The park wasn't crowded this early in the morning so I really took a good walk through the park, I don't do that too much anymore.

Solar Flare looking great as always!

No line. I'm there.

People tend to forget about the second, landscaped and terrained section of Excavation (yes, Mine Mountain has been dropped), it's not just a big abnormal hill sticking into the sky.

Lots of trees at this park.

Delusion is "pwning" a ton of people right now.

Ready for the blast?

There they go!

More soon.

Update

Year 48

Preparations are being made for the Year 49 addition!

They're using one of the last big chunks of land they've got.

This whole area could look very different come next year.

I'm not so sure where else a large addition could go...

I belive the boardwalk is now packed.

I guess they could try to squeez in a small attraction near the parking garage, but it would be difficult to get to.

Especially with this above you!

FlyUira has almost become a family-oriented attraction. With its modest height and speed, I'm surprised the park didn't go that route with marketing.

Even the egg turn near the waterfall isn't too intense.

I wish more parks would go that route, makes the rides easier to re-ride.

The waterpark has been doing great business. I'm surprised they haven't added one new attraction since its opening. However, they don't have too much room to expand upon.

More soon.

Update

Year 49 Announcement

YEAR 49 KICKS OF CELEBRATION AT HERSHEY HAWAII

HERSHEY HAWAII - This year Hershey promises its guests the best season ever with numerous new additions:

- STORM

Hershey has let its guests ride the wave with Surf but now guests will have the chance to ride the coast in a motorcycle through an intense course of twists, turns, dips, and more! Guests will board the specially-designed "moto-trains" before being launched 0-55mph in just a matter of seconds through the steel track full of suprises. The ride will feature a screeching finale that includes a run in with a massive rock wall and a massive helix.

- FAST FRIES

Joining Storm in the back of the park, Fast Fries will be one of the best places to grab a quick bite to eat in between rides on Storm and other attractions.

- HOTEL HELLVETICA

Hershey Hawaii is honored to be hosting the world premier of CD5Productions' newest film, Hotel Hellvetica. As a special limited-time attraction, Zhambi Theater will be showing the film at a reduced cost all season long.

- HERSHEY'S HAWAIIAN HISTORY

The Exhibition Hall near Solar Flare will host a display of Hershey's history over the past 50 years from conception to this day. The exhibit will feature never-before-seen artifacts and rides that never quite made the cut.

All of this is only the tip of the iceberg. Over the next two seasons, Hershey will be unveiling more and more new attractions to celebrate our 50 years in Hawaii.

They really pushed this announcement to the last minute! The park is already open for the 49th season!

Storm - They really squeezed it in here.

It might not be the biggest or baddest, but its a great family-oriented attraction.

The rock wall took me by surprise - wasn't expecting it at all.

You brush over a small hill and then it's right there in your face.

The final helix is intense, especially in these trains.

The park will close early on Friday for the premier of the Hotel Hellvetica and I've been invited!

I hear it's gonna be good... but what it has to with Hawaii I have the slightest idea. Someone's making some money, that's for sure.

The park finally filled in Peregrine's old "drop" hole. It was about time.

Storm is almost like a sister coaster to Surf. (they have similar taglines: Ride the Wave/Ride the Coast)

Tantalus has become a classic in the park. I was waiting in line while I heard a parent say to their child, "I rode this when I was a kid!" Makes me realize how old I am!

The volcano has gotten a new 50-year logo.

Postcard shot!

More soon.

Thanks for all the responses!

Update

Year 49

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYBODY!!

The park was busy today since the week will be somewhat shorter with the park closing for the Hotel Hellvetica premier.

The new boat ride has been mildly successful.

Yo quiero Taco Bell!

FlyUira was voted "Best New Ride" of the past year. Even though it opened the year before...

Egg turn!

It's a busy place.

Walk of the 50!

50!

The new logo is all over the park.

Storm looks great at night.

HHE looks great at dusk.

More soon.