TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hershey Hawaii [RCT3]

Update

Year 50

The sun was setting as soon as I got to the park, but that's alright!

This place has the best ice cream. The Hershey chocolate makes it that much better.

They really squeezed this place in.

I rode this dino ride that's been at the park since Year 1!

Hey, people are riding this now!

The view across Grande Bay.

Zhambi Sidewinder is great to ride at nighttime.

It's more disorienting at night.

You can get some great shots of it from the entrance to Hotel Hellvetica.

Bright rides everywhere, and some Taco Bell.

This is the best spot in the park to relax.

More soon.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update

Year 50

Year 50 is going strong here at Hershey's Hawaiian Escape! Surprisingly though, attendance levels are not as high as projected.

Leopard as it approaches the final dive.

It's a huge rush as the trains roar into the brake run. Which side will win?

It's a great ride and has been well-received with the public.

It's getting pretty crowded over there!

The waterpark was the place to be today. It was at capacity so they set up this waiting area outside the entrance. Grab a ticket!

They started calling numbers! I heard the wait was over an hour. This is why they can't add more attractions, the capacity would likely plummet.

I never can be here at the right time!

I haven't heard if they're going to leave these up after the season's over. I wouldn't mind if they did.

One thing that hasn't changed: The Hawaiian Escape Volcano! It's had some different signs and some rides towering over it, but its still the same old piece of fake rock that it's always been!

Which volcano do you think is better? The original of the newer Volcanic Resort Hotel?

There's been talk of Mt. Hershey Rapids closing for a new family coaster... I wonder what it would be? Rollersoaker?

More soon.

Surf/Impulse Update - We can put this to rest! There's been so much talk lately about the removal of Surf that the park actually released a statement:

"Surf will not be closing in the forseeable future, and an inverted impulse coaster will not be opening at Hershey's Hawaiian Escape."

There's still talk that the ride was shipped to Hershey's warehouses across town where all of the new track goes to. Now the question is, what happened to it?

Any ideas?

Update

Year 50

Solar Flare's line was almost non-existant today.

It's not the most popular ride in the park anymore.

Hershey's Kissing Tower was down for most of the day.

I don't really like this area of the park. I think it's because of Kaena Point Fall's supports...

Leopard towers over this area of the park.

The Great Voyage looks nice in its new location.

This whole part of the park has really transformed over the last decade.

The area has received two big-buck attractions.

Both have turned out to be quite successful.

They've done what they were built to do - bring traffic to the back of the park.

Even though they might not get as much ridership as the rides in the front of the park, they're still great attractions.

More soon.

^ Just curious, when did you feel it started to go downhill?

Update

Year 50

I went to the park late afternoon for a quick round trip of the coasters.

Storm's line is always short - it's tucked away so I don't even know if everybody knows it's here!

Leopard was running smoothly today! (as it has been)

Zhambi Sidewinder had just reopened from an e-stop when I arrived.

Tropicana Tower looking great as always...

The park is supposedly going to be removing some of the new rockwork they recently added.

FlyUira's queue stands empty... Back in the good old days of Hershey, (Year 5 - Year 20) lines like this were almost non-existant.

I guess times are a-changin....

I finally got the shot I was wanting!

I'm told that this area will be the next to be "refurbished and reorganized" in the upcoming years. It does look pretty sad right now.

The park's latest refurbs were the new entrance plaza after the removal of Tidal Wave and Grande Bay Boardwalk.

More soon.

^Hawaii is beautiful. Good thing this is a RCT3 project then, and not a real development. In all seriousness, I started following this park when it the thread was on page 71. I read 71 pages of updates in one day because this is just plain sweet. Great job with the park's look, the rides' originality and designs, and (especially) the storylines! Great job. Oh, and I like the realism of it too--no outrageous coasters/elements/architecture/foliage/etc. Well done.